Class III and hearing aid?

Matthew

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Matthew
This will be my first medical renewal with a hearing aid (one ear only).

I've added the visit under the "medical professional within the last 3 years". Do I need to bring any paperwork?

Or do I just take it out when I walk in, pass the test without it (which I can do), and call it good? Or do I wear it, mention it to the AME, and then...what?

Seems logical to me that one would handle an audiology visit and hearing aid the same way they'd handle their last visit to the optometrist to get their eyeglass prescription updated for new glasses.

That's another deal: the instructions say routine dental and vision visits don't need to be reported. Doesn't really say anything about hearing exams/aids. Doesn't say they need to be reported, doesn't say they don't.

Take it out and pass the test, don’t even mention it.

This will be my first medical renewal with a hearing aid (one ear only).

I've added the visit under the "medical professional within the last 3 years". Do I need to bring any paperwork?
No
Or do I just take it out when I walk in, pass the test without it (which I can do), and call it good?
This!
Or do I wear it, mention it to the AME, and then...what?
Any good AME will pass you without it. If he wants to pass you with it ("Must wear hearing amplification"), just remember a Headset is "hearing amplification"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back