Class D Tower Controller - Few Questions

I know you like to argue for the sake of argument, and that it amuses you. However, at least try to frame your points without ignoring basic English language construct and the use of logical fallacies. (Disregard; that probably wouldn't be any fun at all.)
Whatever dude. Just keep on arguing that anything you write is perfect and needs no help...and maybe switch to decaf.

Specific use is defined in AIM 4-2-3 c and recommended for high volume traffic or time-critical situations. Such as when Denver ATC informed me of a nordo target comin' right at me turn right immediately and descend!!, I never saw the little blue kitfox. But discovered my cherokee will dive at 1500 fpm.
Based on that section of the AIM, he could also just say "roger" and his call sign, although "roger" might be belaboring the obvious. When I first learned to fly (26 years ago), I was taught to just acknowledge with my call sign, as it's a very busy airport, and my instructor thought it best to avoid being too verbose due to frequency congestion.

I understand the fact that many people feel that more is needed, but what's been driving me nuts lately is that folks at my airport are reading back EVERY SINGLE WORD. I often hear students struggling to get it all out, and I find myself wondering how people can pay attention to flying the airplane while they're doing that.

Based on that section of the AIM, he could also just say "roger" and his call sign, although "roger" might be belaboring the obvious. When I first learned to fly (26 years ago), I was taught to just acknowledge with my call sign, as it's a very busy airport, and my instructor thought it best to avoid being too verbose due to frequency congestion.

I understand the fact that many people feel that more is needed, but what's been driving me nuts lately is that folks at my airport are reading back EVERY SINGLE WORD. I often hear students struggling to get it all out, and I find myself wondering how people can pay attention to flying the airplane while they're doing that.

My first IFR approach I was completely unprepared for the wall of text that came in the form of a clearance. Especially since I was also concentrating on actually flying the plane under the hood. I got into the habit after a couple of those of making sure everything was setup for the approach and I had literally nothing to do for a few seconds while I waited for "the line".

Reading back everything is just silly. One CFI once told me you really only need to hit the key points, altitude, heading, baro settings, etc.

"Bugsmasher XXX fly heading 320, at or below 1600, contact approach on 119.65"

Can be simplified as

"320, at or below 1600, going to 119.65, XXX" or even less words..

if your airplane is the same speed or slower than the one you are following - just say Wilco - and keep looking.

My first IFR approach I was completely unprepared for the wall of text that came in the form of a clearance. Especially since I was also concentrating on actually flying the plane under the hood. I got into the habit after a couple of those of making sure everything was setup for the approach and I had literally nothing to do for a few seconds while I waited for "the line".

Reading back everything is just silly. One CFI once told me you really only need to hit the key points, altitude, heading, baro settings, etc.

"Bugsmasher XXX fly heading 320, at or below 1600, contact approach on 119.65"

Can be simplified as

"320, at or below 1600, going to 119.65, XXX" or even less words..

Yep, agree 100%. Most of the time, just a readback of "the numbers" is enough. The worst are students reading back ENTIRE landing clearances "uh okay so 1234 is cleared to land on runway 36, number, uh 3 for landing, behind the blue-and-white Citabria, traffic in sight, and uh a uh tight pattern, and keep my speed up."

I so remember as an IR student hearing the "November 1234, three miles from . . ." and thinking, "oh man here it comes!"

Back