Class B Airspace

I agree. We will make people paranoid about asking questions it we jump on them with both feet. And if people don't ask questions what will we talk about? :confused:

That's the stuff that ****es me off (and I've jumped on it before).

The only correct answer to this question should have been a link to the user guide and perhaps an explanation of how to read altitudes, but not the actual answer.

But that doesn't mean we need to leap on the poster with negativity. That actually kind of disgusts me.

For all we know, this student could be like I was: I wanted to know stuff before it was taught. So maybe he's not really taking a "presolo" test so much as a test of his knowledge to this point, or something. I wouldn't jump the CFI just yet or the student.

To snag: keep learning, you're learning that the more you know the more you know you don't know. You'll never learn it all, and that is what keeps it interesting.

Negativity?

I've just re-read the entire thread.

There is none.

Hmm. Matter of personal opinion, I guess. Or just seeing it in a different light.

While Nick's comment might be a TAD strong, I have the same sentiment.

I'll second Aunt Peggy's advice and add to it "Read the entire A/FD legend!!!
Many times the answer to a question posed in a forum can be answere by simply going the the legend. Reading the Communications segment is mandatory....no more "what is the frequency?" questions.

Bob Gardner

To echo both Bob's and Peggy's comments KNOW how to us that legend.
I "thought" I knew all the symbols on my PP check ride. Well I didn't know what the symbol for a mine was until I looked at the legend. The question was posed to me for exactly the reason to show the examiner I knew where and how to use the legend on the chart.

On the other note, don't take things to personally on posts. Use the information that you find is good and pretty much just ignore the rest. Life is to short to do anything else.

Mark B.

Pre solo, not xcountry. I don't know what it is like in other places, but learning to fly the plane is job #1 right now(presolo-solo).

Each has their own way of teach'n, no reason to bash student or cfi. You learn as you go and some of us use this site to help us out. The way things have gone, I'd rather ask questions elsewhere. Treat the "noob's"/"rookies" like we don't know anything...expect us to bite back. Remember, your s**t does stink.:D

We are LEARNING.

Post'n w/a smile, not personal and I do treat you like your sitting next to me.

Treat the "noob's"/"rookies" like we don't know anything...expect us to bite back.
Well, by the very nature of being a noobie or a rookie -- you don't know anything. That is how it works :)

In this case -- people got worked up because it wasn't "how do I read this sectional?" it was "give me the answer so that I can do solo, thanks". Or at least that is how some read it.

Well, by the very nature of being a noobie or a rookie -- you don't know anything. That is how it works :)

In this case -- people got worked up because it wasn't "how do I read this sectional?" it was "give me the answer so that I can do solo, thanks". Or at least that is how some read it.

You are exactly right. I didn't take it quite as serious as maybe I should have. :redface:

Pre solo, not xcountry. I don't know what it is like in other places, but learning to fly the plane is job #1 right now(presolo-solo).

Each has their own way of teach'n, no reason to bash student or cfi. You learn as you go and some of us use this site to help us out. The way things have gone, I'd rather ask questions elsewhere. Treat the "noob's"/"rookies" like we don't know anything...expect us to bite back. Remember, your s**t does stink.:D

We are LEARNING.

Post'n w/a smile, not personal and I do treat you like your sitting next to me.
Right. Which ios why we do a you a disservice by just spewing forth an answer instead of getting you to learn.

Back