Class 2 with Felony Conviction

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot to consider here. Most of it is beyond the general guidance I typically provide on public forms. The OP's medical certification will depend entirely on the unique circumstances of his case. There's clearly more to the story here and not just in a bad way. Character references and military service records would certainly be considered. The way you've conceptualized what happened and the degree to which you acknowledge responsibility are also important.

Legal issues, like DUIs, themselves are not disqualifying for FAA medical certificate. The issue is whether or not the they point to an underlying psychiatric disorder that could adversely affect aviation safety. Felony convictions open the door for AMCD to look into your medical and metal health history rather forensically. If you can survive that scrutiny, the conviction itself is not AS important.

The issue is whether or not the they point to an underlying psychiatric disorder that could adversely affect aviation safety.

+1

I imagine the rationale behind the original protective order will be an important part of the evaluation.

Damn it, you beat me to it. Army LTC with 5k? The trolling has got weak around here. :D
Well, like I said, it could happen but he’d have to have been a warrant then switch over to RLO. The safety background isn’t going to get you those hours either. Those dudes hardly ever fly. 5,000 hrs is IP territory.

Well, like I said, it could happen but he’d have to have been a warrant then switch over to RLO. The safety background isn’t going to get you those hours either. Those dudes hardly ever fly. 5,000 hrs is IP territory.
Could also have included flying outside of the Army, he didn't necessarily say it was 5000 hours of Army flying time.

Could also have included flying outside of the Army, he didn't necessarily say it was 5000 hours of Army flying time.
Yep, definitely possible as well. Although I’d say not a single LTC I knew from the Army flew in their spare time or chose flying after Army life. In fact, out of all the “commissioned” guys I knew, only one went on to fly (EMS King Airs) after the Army. The majority of them are connected (ring knickers) so they go into business after their initial obligation / retirement. Most have no desire to fly in civilian life.

I think there's a lesson to be learned here. If the OP had said he was a member of congress, rather than retired Army officer, then all of it would have been much more believable. I kid...sortof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back