Want To Buy Clarity Aloft or QT Halo

I sent my first pair of CA back and got a replacement pair. One ear piece was much louder than the other. The headband on the new pair is more comfortable too.

CA pros.... the head band fits better. The mic boom is stiffer and stays in place better. The ear buds are easier to change. Build quality is better and the carrying case is better. Mic gain is more compatible with other headsets for squelch.

Cons: ear buds are more sensitive to positioning for a proper seal compared to QT. Feel heavier than QT. More difficult to get on than QT due to short ear bud wires and tighter fitting headband. Due to higher mic gain you get more background noise when talking.

Overall I find my self using the CA more due to the more secure fit and more rigid mic boom. When with passengers the CA seem to play better with standard over the ear headsets.

Whether the CA are worth 200 more than the QT is debatable. If you want in ear headsets and don’t want to deal with QT games of keeping inventory I would recommend them.

[QUOTE="Whether the CA are worth 200 more than the QT is debatable. If you want in ear headsets and don’t want to deal with QT games of keeping inventory I would recommend them.[/QUOTE]
I agree, and that's why I got them.
I think the Halo is a better value, and probably would have gotten them instead if they were just an "in stock" item.
I ordered the CA's, and got them in a couple days.
I'd still be playing the waiting game for Halos.

Back