CJ 6 winter mountain flying

Always wondered why more people don’t buy those planes

In my case I thought they were a lot more expensive, so never even look into buying them, until I saw an ad, saw the prices , and started to look for one.
Best bang for the buck.

Seems you can find em for like 70ish

Always had a idea of getting one with hard points and getting/making some dummy bombs, a open private field, old junkyard car, think that would be a ball.

Yes you get a good one for around 70K, and Yak 52s are even cheaper, you can get them in the 50ish.

^yeah, what was up with that AI?

The instruments in the plane are from Rusia or copy of them, and they have a theory of why the AI is inverted, personally I dont like it either.

AGI -1K Artificial Horizon The artificial horizon in the Yak works differently from 'western' ones, mainly in the way the sky and ground are represented . In the Yak, the gyro keeps the instrument's 'globe' level with the local horizon - whereas 'western' instruments use a system of pivots and levers on the outer gimbal to cause the movement of the gyro to appear in a 'reverse' sense . In the Yak, in level flight, the aircraft symbol is just about on the horizon line . There is brown above and blue below . If we fly a Pitch Up attitude, the horizon 'globe' remains static, under the influence of its gyro, but the aircraft rotates around the 'globe' in pitch . In a case where the aircraft is pitching up but the globe is still static, you will see there is now MORE blue and LESS brown visible . You are 'looking at' more 'sky', and you can 'see' less 'ground', as you would expect . In a way, this is a simpler system for aerobatic planes like the Yak -52 or Nanchang. .

Wow.. Soviet style AIs are interesting.. just past the 1 minute mark he fiddles with it.. it's almost like third person video game playing

I guess you get used to different AIs but frankly the western ones where it ACTUALLY looks like an artificial horizon (what you would see out the window) seems to make more sense to me

Yeah, I’ve only flown a cj a couple times, but I had a heck of a time holding altitude because I was always adjusting pitch the wrong way due to the AI. I had to just ignore it and look outside.

Back