Citation with 4, in NC :(

This happened on the airport, at the end of the runway...right?

The article says that four people were killed -- but only three were on board? :dunno:

This happened on the airport, at the end of the runway...right?

The article says that four people were killed -- but only three were on board? :dunno:
I followed a link on the article and that one said four on board. Typical preliminary conflicting information. At least they confirmed it was not another 737:D.
RIP

I-SP is single-pilot certified, many are owner-flown. Just sayin'.

Just sayin' single pilot turbojet airplanes survive a landing all the time, sir. Generalizing is nearly as bad as sensationalizing.

Death toll up to 5, for those in the pool, wondering if there was a flight plan, etc.

Nobody gives a shlt when the landings are uneventful.

Just sayin' single pilot turbojet airplanes survive a landing all the time, sir. Generalizing is nearly as bad as sensationalizing.

Death toll up to 5, for those in the pool, wondering if there was a flight plan, etc.

I-SP is single-pilot certified, many are owner-flown. Just sayin'.

I beg to differ. The media may not give a ****, but praise for a job well done, and criticism for a less than stellar (but not deadly) performance is quite common.

Who does the criticizing?

I beg to differ. The media may not give a ****, but praise for a job well done, and criticism for a less than stellar (but not deadly) performance is quite common.

Criticism comes from customers, superiors, and peers. That from peers is the hardest to take, and most beneficial, IMHO.

Which peers typically criticize single-pilot landings? How do they render such criticism?

Criticism comes from customers, superiors, and peers. That from peers is the hardest to take, and most beneficial, IMHO.

Even if a hundred crash this year because they are owner-flown may they not introduce new regulations or restrictions.

Hard to find a simpler or more benign airplane Once you know how easy they are, it's even harder to think somebody could screw it up. Then you sit in the sim (or in some cases an actual airplane :yikes:) and watch some guy lose it for reasons that are totally inexplicable, and the Thurman Munson tape starts to replay.

On a different note, two Bogdans from FL are listed as student pilots as of a couple years ago. No reason to think there's any connection with this crash, just interesting coincidence.

Even if a hundred crash this year because they are owner-flown may they not introduce new regulations or restrictions.

Hard to find a simpler or more benign airplane Once you know how easy they are, it's even harder to think somebody could screw it up. Then you sit in the sim (or in some cases an actual airplane :yikes:) and watch some guy lose it for reasons that are totally inexplicable, and the Thurman Munson tape starts to replay.

On a different note, two Bogdans from FL are listed as student pilots as of a couple years ago. No reason to think there's any connection with this crash, just interesting coincidence.

I don't think I'm Super Pilot by any stretch, but a straight wing Citation is MUCH simpler and easier to fly than a 421.:rolleyes: a little faster in the pattern, and goes a lot higher, but very simple systems and operation.:D

Back