Citabria fly-in yesterday

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Viveca and I are in Santa Fe weather here is real nice.

The plan WAS to head up to Kansas then over to Diana & Tom's today but the weather up there doesn't look good.

At least the weather was nice here for a few hours yesterday. We had to cancel the IAC chapter fly-in/aerobatic practice session at the farm because of fuel problems in Lamar. A few local Citabria pilots flew into the farm for hamburgers and a mini grass strip tour from here. We spent so long eating and visiting here, that we only made it to one other grass strip together as a swarm of Citabrias. :) The people in these other Citabrias are planning to join us at Gaston's next weekend. :)

Attachments

• CI4CC1~1.JPG
    CI4CC1~1.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 34
  • CITABR~1.JPG
    CITABR~1.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 34
  • CITABR~2.JPG
    CITABR~2.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 28
  • CITABR~3.JPG
    CITABR~3.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 25
  • CITABR~4.JPG
    CITABR~4.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 33
Neat! And cool photos. :cheerswine:

Thanks Brian. :) I had to use little pictures since we're on dial-up today.

Did you get to go flying today?

Not today. Hope to get an hour in tomorrow morning. I need to accumulate solo time and need to improve my ground reference maneuvers, so I'll probably be doing a whole lot of turning around 9:30 am, Eastern. :D

Edit: You are inspiring me. I think I need to organize a fly in of some kind up here at Glens Falls!

Anyone who can look at those pictures and not grin, has got no soul!

Thanky for sharing so much of yourself, Diana (and Tom).

It looks like a lot of fabric and dope to me!

Is there a better way to play? :)

Anyone who can look at those pictures and not grin, has got no soul!

Thanky for sharing so much of yourself, Diana (and Tom).
:) Spike, you still need to come visit us sometime. :yes:

It looks like a lot of fabric and dope to me!

Is there a better way to play? :)
Wood is good too. :D

Not today. Hope to get an hour in tomorrow morning. I need to accumulate solo time and need to improve my ground reference maneuvers, so I'll probably be doing a whole lot of turning around 9:30 am, Eastern. :D
Have fun! :)

You are inspiring me. I think I need to organize a fly in of some kind up here at Glens Falls!
Just start out with saying "Let's go flying!" or "Let's eat!" and it usually turns out to be fun. :D

Did someone call?

:D
:D

Great pictures, Diana - sounds like fun!

It's fun to have similar airplanes to fly along with. We had a 7GCAA, a 7ECA, and a 7KCAB. We had to slow down just a tad for the 7ECA. These are really fun guys...we just have a hard time trying to schedule time when they can get away. One guy had the time because his wife was out of town, and the other guy brought his wife who enjoys flying with him. Then there was Tom riding along in the back seat. Whattaguy. :)

One of the guys realized after landing here that he had lost an inspection plate. We sent him out on Tom's little motorcycle to ride up and down the runways to look for it. We watched him from the hangar and all we could see from our perspective was a tiny ball cap zooming along above the wheat. It was really funny!

Nice pics..... I like the cool old barn next to the hanger.

Ah...Citabria....the love of my life.....someday maybe.

Back