Citabria farm video

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Here's our latest Citabria farm video.

http://www.eaa732.org/aopa/video/bobcat.wmv

I made this one for several reasons. One was to stop being sad. Sad about Bobby Younkin and sad about Rodger.

Also, I needed to remind myself why I love flying the Citabria when I get so frustrated trying to learn and fly aerobatics in her.

I left the farm noises in this time for Frank and for anyone else who might find it reminiscent or interesting or pertinent. You can even hear the cows on final (barely) on my last landing.

Please don’t grade my landing. At least I didn’t shuck corn with the prop. :)

Thanks again Chip for putting this on your server.

Diana said:
Please don’t grade my landing. At least I didn’t shuck corn with the prop. :)

Only pilots who have landed a tail dragger on the short runway at Twin Oaks and who've only made perfect landings doing it are allowed to grade. That leaves everyone out but me :)

Diana said:
Thanks again Chip for putting this on your server.

You're welcome.

What music was that? Pretty cool overall... I miss small personal planes, and being on a farm/rural area...

Thanks for sharing!

Charinida said:
What music was that? Pretty cool overall... I miss small personal planes, and being on a farm/rural area...

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks. :)

That's Van Morrison "Bright Side of the Road".

Time to get back to a farm? Stop on by sometime, and we'll go play. :)

Diana: Your videos make me think of hot days in the cool shade with a tall glass of Lemonade! Sounds Corny I know but to an Easterner living in the burbs it just looks pretty darn tranquil and inviting. Don't know if I'd ever have a reason to travel to SW MO but if I do I'd sure like to see your farm looks like a special spot.

Diana, I must say that last bit which included your landing, the scenery, the 'farm' sounds and the very appropriate music brought tears of joy to my eyes. It brings to mind such a simple, relaxed life. I know better than to describe a working farm in such terms but your vid really hit a nerve with me. Nostalgia, I guess.

...Diana, looks like a real slice of heaven to me... Reinforces my intent to drop out of the sky and into TwOaks some day.

I'll bring chocolate and merlot.

And I am tolerably handy with tractors and other mechanical devices, too.

What an excellent way to start the day Diana!...with farm noises and down to earth aeroplane videos. I think I can face this day now. I see you even managed to get a hay roll in there for me...

Don't let anyone give you grief about the landing. Any grief you get is probably jealousy. It's YOUR airplane and YOUR airport and YOUR farm and it's all right outside YOUR door anytime you want to use it.

Do you have a link listing of all the videos you've put up? Just in case I missed one...doubtful but possible...

:) :)

I just watched it on the PC at work while waiting for my bread to toast.....I miss Twin Oaks. :( Makes me want to go back and nap under that ol' pear -- er, walnut tree.

Love the bobcats and hay bales. Miss you!

SCCutler said:
...Diana, looks like a real slice of heaven to me... Reinforces my intent to drop out of the sky and into TwOaks some day.

Bring a bottle of Groth Merlot (wow!) or 2001 La Fattoria Terraze "Chaos" (I could drink a case of this). The groth is in the $20 range, the Chaos is in the $40. Yes, it is expensive... but rarely are expensive wines SO ACCESSABLE and amazing to drink so young. Try it, you'll agree!

Cheers,

-Andrew

Very nice Diana. What a beautiful, idyllic setting. Much cooler than the "burbs" that Adam lives in. :)

Adam. Maybe we'll get some tailwheel time someday and fly there. :)

fgcason said:
What an excellent way to start the day Diana!...with farm noises and down to earth aeroplane videos. I think I can face this day now. I see you even managed to get a hay roll in there for me...

I knew you'd like that Frank. I'm glad I could brighten your day. :)

fgcason said:
Do you have a link listing of all the videos you've put up? Just in case I missed one...doubtful but possible...

Here they are:

http://www.tailwindfoundation.org/videos/spins.wmv

[EDIT] Well, it looks like my "webmaster" has deleted the other two videos. I'm crushed and hurt and offended and think that I shall be sad and pitiful (sniff, sniff) and milk it for all that it's worth. :princess: Like for maybe an extra Extra ride or something. ;) Chip said he would put them back up tonight. :)

I must thank Tom for shooting all these. He has a good eye for the picture, and even filmed some of the spins lying on his back (or is that laying...where is the editor when I need him...oh, he's out instructing) on the concrete pad in front of the hangar. What a guy!

Last edited:
AdamZ said:
Diana: Your videos make me think of hot days in the cool shade with a tall glass of Lemonade! Sounds Corny I know but to an Easterner living in the burbs it just looks pretty darn tranquil and inviting. Don't know if I'd ever have a reason to travel to SW MO but if I do I'd sure like to see your farm looks like a special spot.
Adam, I hope you do make it out this way. We'll have Lemonade in the cool shade. And then go flying. :)

SCCutler said:

Oh, yay, a tool guy! There is so much work to be done and so many devices to repair. After we fly, of course. :)

silver-eagle said:
sweeeeeeet... I love your videos. The choice of farm sounds and music fits perfectly.

Thank you John. I wanted to include something cheerful and positive. Van Morrison seemed to fit somehow. :)

Let'sgoflying! said:
I could 'see' you smiling there, Diana.

Dave, you know me well. :) Now, we need to get you and Janet here.

Toby said:
I just watched it on the PC at work while waiting for my bread to toast.....I miss Twin Oaks. :( Makes me want to go back and nap under that ol' pear -- er, walnut tree.

Love the bobcats and hay bales. Miss you!

Toby we miss you here at the farm. Here's a picture for you.

astanley said:
Bring a bottle of Groth Merlot (wow!) or 2001 La Fattoria Terraze "Chaos" (I could drink a case of this). The groth is in the $20 range, the Chaos is in the $40. Yes, it is expensive... but rarely are expensive wines SO ACCESSABLE and amazing to drink so young. Try it, you'll agree!

Cheers,

-Andrew

Andrew, is there any way to make Merlot taste better? Like cream sherry maybe? ;)

Diana said:
Andrew, is there any way to make Merlot taste better? Like cream sherry maybe? ;)

LOL. Try the Groth, you'll thank me. I was very much a "NO MERLOT" guy until I had it. An epiphinous (sp, is this even a word?!) wine even!

Cheers,

-Andrew

Anthony said:
Very nice Diana. What a beautiful, idyllic setting. Much cooler than the "burbs" that Adam lives in. :)

Thank you Anthony. :)

Anthony said:
Adam. Maybe we'll get some tailwheel time someday and fly there. :)
Hey Anthony, maybe you could stop here on your way to Gaston's next year. ;)

Diana said:
Hey Anthony, maybe you could stop here on your way to Gaston's next year. ;)
Yeah, Anthony. No more b****in' and complainin' about all the good times you missed. Come to Diana's, come to Gaston's, receive a fabulous award custom-made just for you, star in a movie, eat moonpies. And try to get a good score on your landing. What more could you ask for?

Toby said:
Yeah, Anthony. No more b****in' and complainin' about all the good times you missed. Come to Diana's, come to Gaston's, receive a fabulous award custom-made just for you, star in a movie, eat moonpies. And try to get a good score on your landing. What more could you ask for?

Chiggers?

Diana said:
Toby we miss you here at the farm. Here's a picture for you.

Excellent photo, I love the warmth of the late afternoon sun.

astanley said:
LOL. Try the Groth, you'll thank me. I was very much a "NO MERLOT" guy until I had it. An epiphinous (sp, is this even a word?!) wine even!
Well, I had to look it up, since I wasn't sure exactly what it meant. :)

Main Entry: epiph·a·nous
Pronunciation: i-'pi-f&-n&s
Function: adjective
: EPIPHANIC

OK, so I went here:

Main Entry: ep·i·phan·ic
Pronunciation: "e-p&-'fa-nik
: of or having the character of an epiphany

OK, so I went here:

3 a (1) : a usually sudden manifestation or perception of the essential nature or meaning of something (2) : an intuitive grasp of reality through something (as an event) usually simple and striking (3) : an illuminating discovery b : a revealing scene or moment

"Oh, waiter, could I have a glass of that please?"

Bill Jennings said:
Excellent photo, I love the warmth of the late afternoon sun.
Here's what you do at the farm after landing in the evening:

Richard said:
Diana, I must say that last bit which included your landing, the scenery, the 'farm' sounds and the very appropriate music brought tears of joy to my eyes. It brings to mind such a simple, relaxed life. I know better than to describe a working farm in such terms but your vid really hit a nerve with me. Nostalgia, I guess.
Richard, I'm glad you enjoyed it. We decided to make less money and have old stuff so that we could have more time to enjoy life. :)

Makes me miss those days teaching acro in the decathalon and landing on the grass strips in Minnesota/North Dakota!!

Very nice video, and excellent landing!!!!:)

Now you've done it. That video made me homesick (I grew up on a farm in Iowa).

Toby said:

Chiggers X 2. :)

Well the Tiger can get in and out of Gaston's OK, but I don't know about Diana's farm. I have a sneaking suspicion its under 2,000 ft and turf, so I'd have to go for a alternate. Sounds great.

Anthony said:

Well the Tiger can get in and out of Gaston's OK, but I don't know about Diana's farm. I have a sneaking suspicion its under 2,000 ft and turf, so I'd have to go for a alternate. Sounds great.
Anthony,
I suspect if I can get in and out in an A36 you can do it in a Tiger.

Anthony said:
Well the Tiger can get in and out of Gaston's OK, but I don't know about Diana's farm. I have a sneaking suspicion its under 2,000 ft and turf, so I'd have to go for a alternate.
Excuses, excuses.

gibbons said:
Anthony,
I suspect if I can get in and out in an A36 you can do it in a Tiger.

It did look pretty (for a low wing airplane) in the grass. :)

Anthony said:
Well, yes, we have lots of those critters. Ticks, too.

Anthony said:
We've got a longer one:

http://www.airnav.com/airport/08MO

Irregardless........I'll fly to LLU and get you. It's only 5 miles away. That's what I did with Bill Suffa. :)

Diana said:
Well, I had to look it up, since I wasn't sure exactly what it meant. :)

Main Entry: epiph·a·nous
Pronunciation: i-'pi-f&-n&s
: EPIPHANIC

OK, so I went here:

Main Entry: ep·i·phan·ic
Pronunciation: "e-p&-'fa-nik
: of or having the character of an epiphany

OK, so I went here:

3 a (1) : a usually sudden manifestation or perception of the essential nature or meaning of something (2) : an intuitive grasp of reality through something (as an event) usually simple and striking (3) : an illuminating discovery b : a revealing scene or moment

"Oh, waiter, could I have a glass of that please?"

The Chaos, more the Groth, verges on a "When Harry Met Sally" experience. Seriously. I can't get over this stuff.

I implore you, try a bottle, fall in love with it. My favorite wine of the year (however, I have three bottles at home that I've been waiting for this weekend to try, 1959 Solaria Jonica, 1999 Amarone, and a 2000 Falleto single vineyard Barolo) so far.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Nice video Diana, just a little corny.lol. ( like in corn field) JOKE!:yes:

Back