Cirrus SR-22 at Tesla Dealer?!

joycem137

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Robin
Driving down El Camino Real in Sunnyvale, CA, passed the Tesla dealership that I see on that road sometimes. Sitting out in front of the dealer was what looks like a Cirrus SR-22, with its doors open.

Very odd thing to see there, and couldn't see any indication of what was going on to warrant an airplane being at such a car store.

Passed it again later when returning home and saw a semi-trailer in the parking lot behind the store that looked like it had an image of an airplane on it or something, but I couldn't be sure.

Just so odd to see that.

Not all that unusual to see a Cirrus parked somewhere where affluence does business or recreation. They've parked them right outside Miami Beach Marina on several occasions.

My Cessna dealer had a promotional thing with Porsche, where you could fly a Cessna 400 and drive a turbo 911 the same day for free. Good times.

My Cessna dealer had a promotional thing with Porsche, where you could fly a Cessna 400 and drive a turbo 911 the same day for free. Good times.
Talking about Porsche, I just watched with my son a program made on the 50-th anniversary of Porsche 911, I think it was titled 50 years of 911, it is on YouTube and you pay $2 to watch it, (we watched it in HD on our large TV), it is a superbly down 80-min review by 2 drivers of all pluses and minuses and generational improvements of the whole family of those cars going back to 1963, shot in some beautiful scenery of Utah/Colorado (I think). Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Talking about Porsche, I just watched with my son a program made on the 50-th anniversary of Porsche 911, I think it was titled 50 years of 911, it is on YouTube and you pay $2 to watch it, (we watched it in HD on our large TV), it is a superbly down 80-min review by 2 drivers of all pluses and minuses and generational improvements of the whole family of those cars going back to 1963, shot in some beautiful scenery of Utah/Colorado (I think). Highly recommended.

Thanks, I'll check it out. My friend just came to our place in his 2014 turbo S with every option. FAR different car than the older ones. I am more a 1970 911S kind of guy.

Never owned a Porsche but getting out of this review I got impression that 993 and 997 were two outstanding 911s that developed true cult following, I checked pricing on used 993 (last air cooled 911) in good condition and they are pricey. The very last 991 is apparently also an exceptional car.

Is this the Tesla/Maclaren dealer on the corner of El Camino and Arastradaro in Palo Alto?

Cessna sponsored and brought a 206 and 400 to a horse competition of mine, that's what sparked my interest in flying...

Cessna sponsored and brought a 206 and 400 to a horse competition of mine, that's what sparked my interest in flying...

Yep, it's a good marketing model really, horses can be a very high dollar luxury item, heck, even a cheap horse has to eat every day. You find people who are disposing of disposable income and show them another disposal option.

A Porsche dealership with a PFM Mooney out front would get MANY owners interested, and values up in a hurry! Especially if it had a sign indicating low cost OH's on PFM engines!

Driving down El Camino Real in Sunnyvale, CA, passed the Tesla dealership that I see on that road sometimes. Sitting out in front of the dealer was what looks like a Cirrus SR-22, with its doors open.

Very odd thing to see there, and couldn't see any indication of what was going on to warrant an airplane being at such a car store.

Passed it again later when returning home and saw a semi-trailer in the parking lot behind the store that looked like it had an image of an airplane on it or something, but I couldn't be sure.

Just so odd to see that.

And there is a realtor in Palo Alto advertising flyovers in the Daily News.

Seems completely useless to me, but I suppose it's a rather expensive but effective marketing tool.

A Porsche dealership with a PFM Mooney out front would get MANY owners interested, and values up in a hurry! Especially if it had a sign indicating low cost OH's on PFM engines!

Is there still a PFM powered Mooney left? Every one I've seen has had an engine swap. I remember when they first came out they were pretty cool, it didn't take long for that to change...:lol:

Yeah, they are kinda like my "liquid cooled" 414A, great marketing, but the reality wasn't so good. :rolleyes:

Is there still a PFM powered Mooney left? Every one I've seen has had an engine swap. I remember when they first came out they were pretty cool, it didn't take long for that to change...:lol:

High end cars, boats, horses, RV's all take a lot of money to own and operate and folks with one will usually have one of the others. :D You very seldom see the owner of a 50 foot boat rolling up in a base model Focus or Corrolla. :D People with horses spend a fortune on trucks, trailers etc, they also tend to have high end cars. :D
I guess like the old saying, "Fish where the fish are." ;)
Yep, it's a good marketing model really, horses can be a very high dollar luxury item, heck, even a cheap horse has to eat every day. You find people who are disposing of disposable income and show them another disposal option.

Back