Cirrus Rentals DFW?

DMBand

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
DMBand
Does anyone know of a place that rents Cirrus in the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex? And not PlaneSmart type leases or block time, but just normal hourly rentals. Really hard to find any rentals here outside the normal trainers. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Does anyone know of a place that rents Cirrus? And not PlaneSmart type leases or block time, but just normal hourly rentals. Really hard to find any rentals here outside the normal trainers. Thanks in advance!

West Valley Flying Club in Palo Alto and San Carlos has 11 Ciri for rent at prices ranging from $193 to $375 per hour.

http://www.wvfc.org/aircraft

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone know of a place that rents Cirrus in the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex? And not PlaneSmart type leases or block time, but just normal hourly rentals. Really hard to find any rentals here outside the normal trainers. Thanks in advance!
I'm not familiar with any myself. I frequent GPM, RBD, and ADS and none of the rental locations there have Cirruses.

Not many FBO's in the DFW area do normal hourly rentals anymore. If you are doing training with them, sure. But if you're just "Joe Pilot" who wants to go up in the air for a short time, not so much.

And none of these have Cirri for rent.

But call Plane Smart at KADS and see what is possible. You just never know what they might do until you ask.

Also, let us know what it is you're wanting to do. There might be a different solution than the one you are originally looking for.

Try Clear Star at KADS.

From their website:
Train with Clear Star Aviation
Clear Star’s Cirrus Training Centers (CTC) and Cirrus Standardized Instructor Pilots (CSIPs) are experts in Cirrus flight training. Clear Star has new Cirrus aircraft available for rental and flight instruction along with professional flight instructors to put you on the right path of your Cirrus pilot education.

Office: KADS Taxiway Uniform
Address:
4765 Frank Luke Dr. Addison, TX 75001

Email:
info@clearstarair.com

Phone:
+1.972.267.2376

Thanks everyone. Yea it's frustrating because other cities in Texas I have seen them ... I believe the Austin area I saw a few for example. But here in the Dallas Fort Worth area, and for such a huge population the rental options are surprisingly awful. You honestly can only rent your typical trainers from what I have found. If you want something nice, or even with AC during the summer months just nothing. Will check out PlaneSmart I guess, but I know their model is not the weekend 1-2 hour rental.

I have the same question. Wondering if the situation had changed in the last 4 years...

I think RFC Dallas got a Cirrus fairly recently although they don't mention it on their website which doesn't look to have been updated in a couple of years. I remember seeing it in the shade port area at Addison where they park their planes and one of their members mentioned it would soon be available for checkout. This was a year or two ago so I have no idea what the current status is. Not exactly a rental as you have to join the club before you can rent their planes, but about as close as you will get around here.

Back