Cirrus on eBay seems really cheap..

I know i will get the sarcastic hater comments from the cirrus haters but im just curious not buying it but do like the plane..

It's an auction. It's not cheap until the bidding is over.

The reserve is the "Buy it Now" Price of $99k. Cheap, but it also has an engine that is almost runout, and no WAAS.

Last edited:
the reserve is 100k i thought these planes went for a few hundred k even used but brad pointing out an engine that needs overhaul could be very expensive on this plane...

Aircraft departed runway and crashed through a fence resulting in extensive damage to nose and both wings. Sold as salvage in 2011, but it does LOOK like a nice rebuild.

Steve

$100k for plane
$50k for engine overhaul
$15k for chute repack.

So now you have a $165k salvaged composite plane. How is that in line with other 2004 1900-hour Cirrii?

$100k for plane
$50k for engine overhaul
$15k for chute repack.

So now you have a $165k salvaged composite plane. How is that in line with other 2004 1900-hour Cirrii?

Repack on a G2 shouldn't run that much, most of the quotes we have gotten are closer to 5k than 15, and the price quoted on the overhaul is damn near the price of a new engine.

My concerns are what inspections were done to the engine post crash? Being a TCM it is legal to just bolt on a good prop and fly away from a prop strike.

i don't know about the rest of it but I like the seats

My concerns are what inspections were done to the engine post crash? Being a TCM it is legal to just bolt on a good prop and fly away from a prop strike.

I would bet a dollar this is exactly what happened.

Can someone clarify for me -- if the plane was involved in a prop strike, aren't they required to tear down the engine? Shouldn't the TT for the engine be less than the airframe?

Thanks,
Kris

Can someone clarify for me -- if the plane was involved in a prop strike, aren't they required to tear down the engine? Shouldn't the TT for the engine be less than the airframe?

Thanks,
Kris

Yes they have to tear down the engine and no the engine time does not change unless they do a overhaul or rebuild as well.

Thanks,
Kris
no, not required to tear down. some lycomings (not installed in the cirrus) require an inspection that may or may not be able to be done by removing the accessory case or may require a teardown

I'll pass at the current bid and asking price. You'd have to halve that to get my interest.

Back