Cirrus Jet...what is the status?

Fearless Tower

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fearless Tower
Anyone know where the Cirrus Jet is in production? How many have been built?

I saw my first one on Friday at MYF in the runup area while we were both waiting for our IFR releases. Tower was calling him an experimental. Odd looking thing.

Must have been a test aircraft because the pilot was wearing a Gentex helmet with an O2 mask strapped on.

Anyone know where the Cirrus Jet is in production? How many have been built?

I saw my first one on Friday at MYF in the runup area while we were both waiting for our IFR releases. Tower was calling him an experimental. Odd looking thing.

Must have been a test aircraft because the pilot was wearing a Gentex helmet with an O2 mask strapped on.

They definately aren't in production yet. Still testing I assume.

In my opinion, it is the nicest looking GA aircraft out there and I hope they are able to bring it to market. That way in 10 years, I can buy one. From my little research, it would be the perfect GA plane too for my mission. I like the 7 seat option, 4 adults and 3 kids and the weight fuel options. The states on Cirrus's internet page are pretty good, as you can go 300 kts at 60 GPH or 210 kts at 33GPH or somewhere in between.

I sincerely doubt this plane will ever reach production, though I dearly wish it could. If built, it will surely be built in China.

It has parachutes...It deploys right in front of the windsheild.

During the questioning about the debt restructuring deal in January, Dale said that he's pressing on with SF50, and a revised timetable is to be revealed in 3 months. Well, March is almost over...

There are a few of those VLJs in different stages of design/testing and it will be interesting to watch which (if any) will ever reach customer's hands.

It seems that all the aircraft manufacturers jumped in with prototypes of very light jets, but few have started production?

I think it's safe to say the bloom is off the rose.

HondaJet is close I believe, Piper Shelved the Altaire, Dunno about the cirrus jet.

So, how many of these Cirrus jet prototypes are there? Anyone know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Adam Aircraft left a whole lot of nice hangars empty and piles of mechanics without jobs here at KAPA.

At their peak, I wandered in late one night to a hangar full of mechanics working on one aircraft with an 'Elper DF unit and a smile saying, "I think your ELT is going off."

It took seven mechanics ten minutes to figure out how to deactivate the ELT from the remote switch in the cockpit which had been activated accidentally by one of them. ;)

They just released that they have the funding to certify the SF50 jet! Sweet, as I think it is the sexiest GA plane out there. Now, I have my goal. BIG IF, but in 1-15 years, I might be able to get into this plane. I'm putting it out there, now I have to strive to achieve it!!!!

Dan,
That is a pretty plane, but at twice the cost. Also, I really like the V-tail.

First deliveries scheduled when?

They just released that they have the funding to certify the SF50 jet! Sweet, as I think it is the sexiest GA plane out there. Now, I have my goal. BIG IF, but in 1-15 years, I might be able to get into this plane. I'm putting it out there, now I have to strive to achieve it!!!!

I'm getting all tingly and excited. Another aircraft as far out of reach for the average Joe as the Moon.

We should throw a big party.

Back