Cigar afficianados

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
True or false?

Purportedly, Pinar 3000 is a cigar rolled in 1999 from pre-Castro tabacco. The leaf was stored in sherry barrels in Panama until rolled.

The Disney-owned Napa Rose is a 4 star restaurant in Anaheim and sells these cigars for $40 each. I wonder if perhaps Disney aint pulling some strings with Cuba.

True or false?

Purportedly, Pinar 3000 is a cigar rolled in 1999 from pre-Castro tabacco. The leaf was stored in sherry barrels in Panama until rolled.

The Disney-owned Napa Rose is a 4 star restaurant in Anaheim and sells these cigars for $40 each. I wonder if perhaps Disney aint pulling some strings with Cuba.

Are suggesting for a moment that the Disney Corporation is ABOVE THE LAW?

Your name and IP address has been recorded.

Don't know about all that. Ran into a cigar store here in Las Vegas that claims to have some cigars that are pre-embargo Cubans (the last of them.... hmmm, sure.....).

Frankly, I'm happy with the Dominican and Honduran cigars I've been buying, and haven't found anything I like better (including some Cuban Cohiba's I smoked while in Iraq).

Those do sound rather tasty though. Did you try one?

Pre-embargo's have been a niche play in the cigar world for a while. As long as the tobacco was tax stamped prior to 19..63? or whenever it was (1959 maybe?), it qualifies for sale in the US. A friend of mine and myself picked up a pair of pre-embargo smokes in mid 2004; they were stored in a stone basement in England for the better part of the 50 years. While a delicious, nuanced, well aged smoke, I would not pay the $75 a stick we paid again.

Post-embargo are so much better, anyways :yes:

Cheers,

-Andrew

Back