CiES fuel senders for Cessna 172SP

arnoha

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
arnoha
So, I received my new fuel senders for the SP. They're certainly shiny enough! Not sure when I'll install them. I ended up being forced to put the crappy Rochester part back in to get the plane flying again a bit ago.

IMG_20170607_224141.jpg
The anodizing is a pretty red and looks even and unbroken. The plastic float is not free on the arm, but rather fixed firmly in place. There is no slop here.
IMG_20170607_224222.jpg
The aluminum body is entirely unbroken around the electronics, which are in the fat side. The hinge pin is held by the roll pin against the body, but does not penetrate it on the electronics side. The arm is held tight by the cotter pin. I'm not sure how it was done, but there is zero slop in that junction. Not something I'd ordinarily associate with a cotter pin, but there it is. The magnets look press-fit into the machined piece. There is a little sideways motion available to the arm on the hinge pin, but no significant slop in the measurement direction.
IMG_20170607_224253.jpg
The cable is quite nicely potted and heat shrunk in place. It's terminated with bare wires for installation.

Last edited:
Back