Chrysler Pacifica

Ooh ooh... finally something I know about!

We've had 3. All ours have been phev's. No major problems. A few recalls, and the "infotainment " systems have been hit or miss. They drive great. Comfortable, adaptive cruise and stuff works great.

We rented a gas version on our ill- fated Florida trip. Still rode & drove great, quiet. Not as smooth or fast as the hybrid. Typical modern 10 speed silliness of occasionally hunting for what gear it wants to be in. Start-stop drove me nuts, laggiest one I've driven in that regard.

All in all I'm happy, but if Honda or Toyota released a phev van... I'd probably jump ship. Or GM. Or Ford. Or VW....

Dodge FWD drivetrains are generally crap. I've never driven a Pacifica specifically, but the last few cheapie company Dodge sedans that share the same powertrain were unreliable and had noticeable torque steer.

My sister has one and she hasn’t had any trouble out of it thus far, but they've only owned it for two years. They're still running the 3.6 L Pentastar, which I have mixed feelings about, but it does seem like they finally sorted out their transmission woes that plagued them for so long.

Dodge FWD drivetrains are generally crap. I've never driven a Pacifica specifically, but the last few cheapie company Dodge sedans that share the same powertrain were unreliable and had noticeable torque steer.
Plymouth/Chrysler transmissions have arguably always been the worst in the industry. You’d be lucky if the A604’s made 80k miles without issue, but it seems they’ve gotten a grip on their 9-speed to some degree.

The Pacifica is the only reason Chrysler still exists. I've heard mostly good things about them, never driven one personally though.

The electronics were flaky and intermittent on one I had for 60 days on rent.
Rode great....comfortable...family loved it.

I bought a Toyota Sienna XLE. I own two now and the one with 300k miles smells like a billy goat lives in it but it has been flawless.

The new one rocks....

The Pacifica electronics issue spooked me...

The electronics were flaky and intermittent on one I had for 60 days on rent.
Rode great....comfortable...family loved it.

I bought a Toyota Sienna XLE. I own two now and the one with 300k miles smells like a billy goat lives in it but it has been flawless.

The new one rocks....

The Pacifica electronics issue spooked me...

The electronics problem certainly exacerbates the issue.

Ooh ooh... finally something I know about!

We've had 3. All ours have been phev's. No major problems. A few recalls, and the "infotainment " systems have been hit or miss. They drive great. Comfortable, adaptive cruise and stuff works great.

We rented a gas version on our ill- fated Florida trip. Still rode & drove great, quiet. Not as smooth or fast as the hybrid. Typical modern 10 speed silliness of occasionally hunting for what gear it wants to be in. Start-stop drove me nuts, laggiest one I've driven in that regard.

All in all I'm happy, but if Honda or Toyota released a phev van... I'd probably jump ship. Or GM. Or Ford. Or VW....
Ooh ooh? Oh man, I can’t resist…..

Had a 2018 and put 70k+ miles on it before going with something smaller. Tons of space and was comfortable. Never had any major issues with it. When I drove I would turn off the auto-stop because it seemed slow on the restart. Our new Chevy Trailblazer has a much smoother re-start. The last 20k miles or so it would occasionally shift hard, but it was not repeatable and would go long spans without it happening. If I needed a mini-van again I would try another one.

Far better choice.

I'd have one of those but the seat cushions seem to stop short by like 4" on me, making them wildly uncomfortable seats for more than short journeys. Same with my wife. We're not crazy tall either -- 6'2 and 5'9, but the short seats are a dealbreaker so far.

I haven't figured out how to solve the issue either. Which sucks, since thats our perfect vehicle... on paper. I'm hoping the grand highlander does this a little better, but it's really the Sienna we want. :/

She likes the Pacifica, but I won't buy a Chrysler. My direct experience is older, but it's a lingering prejudice.

Anyone have one? Pilot report? The good, bad, and ugly?
Just drove an Avis Pacifica from California to Missouri. We both enjoyed it… the dogs loved the disappearing middle row of seats… big flat lounging/play area. Considering the PHEV…

Paul

I rented one for a trip a couple of years ago, and liked it a lot. Years ago I had two Town and Country minivans, the first of which I would call my favorite car ever. Drove that car everywhere and it wouldn't break.
It was running strong at 215K miles when it got rear ended and totalled by insurance. The second one had fewer bells and whistles, but did the job. It also came to an untimely end when a tree fell across the freeway
in front of me and messed up the suspension (coudn't avoid running over it). Also totalled by insurance. I'd probably buy a Pacifica but no longer need it (kids have grown up and left).

After the T&Cs I did have a Chrysler Pacifica (the SUV). That car was a comfortable travelling machine, and fine when everything was working properly (but had more than it's share of engine problems). In the end it
developed a weird emissions problem (that in no way affected its driveability) - upon which the shop I used basically gave up (after multiple thousands spent on repair attempts). I took the easy way out and "retired"
it for a $1K reward - and bought a Tesla!

Dave

I thought everyone got the memo on Chrysler? I’d be looking elsewhere.

Interestingly, in my family we've had perhaps 25 Chrysler FWD cars and vans. Reliability was excellent, with all of them getting over 150K (4's and 6's) before being sold. Also note that older Pacificas were estate wagons, newer ones are vans.

Back