Chronic Migraines in the past.

bordman

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
bordman
So after perusing the medical forums reading all sorts of topics out of boredom I do have my own. I'm going for my medical soon even though im only going into my third hour of flight school :thumbsup: and was wondering if having chronic migraines in the past would come up as an issue. I had a them at least once a week from ages 11 - 19. Im 28 now and haven't had a prescription for my old migraine medicine in about 3 years. At this point in my life in a bad year i'll get maybe 2 of them.

So the question is, is this something I should be worried about? I certainly don't view it as a problem anymore but I feel like I should be prepared.

Thanks everyone!

Thsi should not be an issue if on the medxpress you state unequivocally that your last one was NINE years ago. Put it in the comments in section 18. Don't fail to make the comment. Where to put it is hard to see on the Medxpress, but it's there.

Don't fail to make the comment!

Bruce, I think he said he still gets about 2 of them a year in a bad year.

Yes this is true. Granted last year I didn't have any and the year before that I had only one. Im not sure if it was the 3d from the new-ish Three Musketeers Movie I saw or just my brain unable to handle the terrible film I was watching. But that was the last time I had one. But something from that movie induced a migraine. Either way I haven't needed a prescription for them from my doctor in 3 years.

Ah, so if you have headches bad enough for Rx, that is the tripwire for a special issuance. However, you do not have medication anymore. So I would report, "bad headaches 2x per year, not incapacitating, does not require medication.

Am I missing anything else?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back