Christmas presents they forgot

Bet somebody could keep pretty busy on the airshow circuit with one of those... sure would hate to have an engine failure! :)

Can you fly an ILS with one of those? (just kidding!)

"The purchase price of $226,000 comes with an included training course so you don't kill yourself with it within the first few minutes of opening the box"

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Physics 111 exam extra credit:

A jetpack has a total of 30 seconds of fuel onboard. The pilot who weighs 170 lbs started the engine and immediately departed the ground with a stuck throttle. Said pilot ceases to exist due to impact a few minutes later. (a) What is the maximum altitude attained at fuel starvation? (b) What is the maximum altitude at the top of the trajectory? (c) Why would any knucklehead design a vehicle that can so easily fly above it's ability to return said vehicle to the surface without at least some chance of not involving uncontrolled falling from great heights to impact. (d) Why did the dumbhead put the jet pack on in the first place? (e) Why didn't the yutz wear a parachute?

What about Mode C? What about ATC?! What about all those 747s and 757s and 767s and 777s and Airbusses (or is it Airbi?) who will be forced to wait on these little things taking up all their air space!!?? Who's on FIRST!!!???

Sigh. I guess I need to get a life...:rolleyes::D

I need to point out that that video looks to have as many patched-together takes as the old Bell rocketbelt ones, in other words, how much you wanna bet they haven't achieved the claimed flight duration but will realsoonow?

I think there's that darn rocket-science problem of having to have enough thrust to lift the fuel you need to make the thrust for a decent amount of time.

Say what you will about safety, flight plans, parachutes, etc...at least it is reasonably priced.:rolleyes:

Back