Christmas Is Almost Here...

SkyChaser

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
SkyChaser
...and I am not ready for it yet! :p I still have presents to wrap, Christmas cards to send, and about twenty other things to do!

How are everyone else's plans for Christmas coming? Any exciting places or things going on? Who's getting an airplane for Christmas? ;)

Finished my Christmas shopping last night.

Now I have 9 days worth of work to cram into 4 days so that I can take all of next week off...

After nearly 40 years of marriage, I haven't quite gotten the hang of buying presents for her.
Clothes, jewelry, artwork and other things all get a rather dispirited "thank-you" and are never seen again.

But there is one thing that usually works:
We are flying to a nearby Island for a few days and renting a 3 br house and inviting some friends and family to join us for a day or two.
I am taking her to Orlando for a pre-flight shopping trip,
Then when we get to the Island we will browse a few gift shops and she always finds some ridiculous (in my opinion) thing that she falls in love with that I will buy for her.
We will eat out most of the time but I am going to cook her a nice Christmas day dinner at the house and we will break open a special bottle of wine that we received as a gift last year.

I haven't yet checked whether the dim sum place is open on Christmas.
Last time I went to a dim sum place it was great. Except for the chicken feet. That wasn't so great.

...and I am not ready for it yet! :p I still have presents to wrap, Christmas cards to send, and about twenty other things to do!

How are everyone else's plans for Christmas coming? Any exciting places or things going on? Who's getting an airplane for Christmas? ;)
I’m all ready. Pretty sure I am anyway. I’ll ask my wife when she wakes up.

Personally we are punting this year…Wife is working a 4 day so some one with little kids gets off and I am recovering from hip replacement surgery…sucks getting old…Just me and the dog, as kids are with in-laws this year. Normally my favorite time of the year and do lots of volunteer work, but situation dictates different this year. Funny I was going to call some of my Jewish friends and see if I can tag along for Chinese food…

I was wondering if you had forgot, I still haven’t received mine yet… :p

If you want a Christmas card, you're going to have to PM your address. It's hard to send a card to an unknown place, and I don't know if it'd get to you if I sent it to the airport... :D

We don't actually have a Christmas holiday in Santeria.

I got the last of my Christmas cards in the mail yesterday morning (but I don't think Mrs. Fast has started hers yet). Shopping is mostly done, except for a handful of last minute items. Of course, I'm depending on Amazon to get a few things delivered this week. For me, wrapping consists of stuffing the item into a Christmas gift bag and shoving some colorful tissue paper on top. And I still have some of that left to do.

…For me, wrapping consists of stuffing the item into a Christmas gift bag and shoving some colorful tissue paper on top….

Is this what happens when we go electronic flight bag? No more wrap it in an old chart?

All change is bad.

I haven't yet checked whether the dim sum place is open on Christmas.

When I was a child, it was always the Jewish deli for Christmas (Milburn Deli if I remember correctly). My grand parents ran a bar which was closed on Christmas. On her day off, my grandmother did not cook and the deli was the best place in town still open.

otherwise, we’re done. Merry Christmas everyone.

When I was a child, it was always the Jewish deli for Christmas (Milburn Deli if I remember correctly). My grand parents ran a bar which was closed on Christmas. On her day off, my grandmother did not cook and the deli was the best place in town still open.

otherwise, we’re done. Merry Christmas everyone.
Were there a decent Jewish deli in my one-horse town that's where we'd go. But there isn't, so Chinese it is. Wife's been militating for Dim Sum, so that'll be Christmas. It is a phenomenally boring time for us infidels.

Back