Christmas Gifts

flygirl34q

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
-
I need some help on Christmas gifts for the husband! He is rather difficult to buy for, unlike myself... so looking around at Home Depot, I got this:

100_3570-1.jpg

Would you appreciate this if you got this for Christmas?? I still have some time to think of something else if it really sucks. Thanks... this forum is great in that I know there are many more men on it than women. My scrapbook friends are not as helpful in these kind of areas. :)

Would you appreciate this if you got this for Christmas?? I still have some time to think of something else if it really sucks.

It sucks just send it to me:D
Looks like something he will like to me.

Does he have a Dremel Tool?

Yep... I even thought I was reasonably well prepared going into Home Depot with the model number and having taken a look at it before leaving home to shop. They even had a number of other little stocking-sized accessories there for easy gift giving. It's boring just getting him socks and sweaters every year! :rolleyes2:

Well, to be honest, it's not something I would use. My wife bought something similar some years ago and it's somewhere out in the garage untouched. But I have a "regular" drill press and lots of other stuff.

It's really hard to say without knowing what kind of stuff your husband does (might be more useful if he likes to build model vehicles for example) or what he already has.

I need some help on Christmas gifts for the husband! He is rather difficult to buy for, unlike myself... so looking around at Home Depot, I got this:

100_3570-1.jpg

Would you appreciate this if you got this for Christmas?? I still have some time to think of something else if it really sucks. Thanks... this forum is great in that I know there are many more men on it than women. My scrapbook friends are not as helpful in these kind of areas. :)

Does he do any woodworking? if so, you cannot go wrong with more clamps. A shop cannot have too many clamps

That is why he got the Dremel tool in the first place! He is a chess player and likes to make chess sets out of wood. He even made a couple of his students larger paperweights shaped like bishops and they turned out beautifully. He is also very into Halloween decorations and made some of the scary stuff that was outside our house on that holiday. I wish he would get a neater hobby that didn't make such a dusty mess... like scrapbooking maybe?? But, that is what he enjoys doing!

I wish he would get a neater hobby that didn't make such a dusty mess... like scrapbooking maybe?? But, that is what he enjoys doing!

Then a dust collection system. It can be kind of fun to put together.

Another option is a dust filtration system

(makes kind of a present for him and you)

Then a dust collection system. It can be kind of fun to put together.

Another option is a dust filtration system

(makes kind of a present for him and you)

100_3618.jpg

LOL... I was on top of that a couple of years ago because I hate to dust more than just about any other household cleaning chore. My only other idea was an iPad or iPod Touch. But, that did seem to me like a gift that would have his name on it Christmas morning, but would be for me also.

The best gifts are always ones that we want, but wouldn't purchase ourselves. An iPad would do me really well, but that's me.

Why not buy him an IFR course, one of those 10 day jobs? I know he'd like that.

That is why he got the Dremel tool in the first place! He is a chess player and likes to make chess sets out of wood. He even made a couple of his students larger paperweights shaped like bishops and they turned out beautifully. He is also very into Halloween decorations and made some of the scary stuff that was outside our house on that holiday. I wish he would get a neater hobby that didn't make such a dusty mess... like scrapbooking maybe?? But, that is what he enjoys doing!

For that kind of stuff, he is more likely to use the stand thing than I would.

What ever happened to a good ol threesum.....? Thats my choice..!:wink2:

I would say that for someone that has an occupation and/or hobby of "chess player", some compact wood working tool like a Dremel would be appropriate.

If his job description read "lumberjack" then you might consider a double header chain saw or industrial band saw instead. Note that pink wrapping paper typically doesn't come in sizes large enough for those items.

What ever happened to a good ol threesum.....? Thats my choice..!:wink2:

Behave.

Any guy that gets tools bought for him has already hit the mother load. His burden is to have to go through life making sure he doesn't mess the deal up.

The dremel workstation looks like a really nice addition to a shop.

Back