Christen Eagle with Logo

Lowflynjack

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jack Fleetwood
So I have Adobe Lightroom, which I use most of the time for quick edits, but it comes with Photoshop. Photoshop is the least user-friendly program I've ever seen in my life, so I've avoided it for many years. Since I have it though, I thought I should play around with it a little.

What do you think? I think I like the smaller logos as opposed to the watermark style, but both were fairly easy to make.

35164982081_a0d828c2db_b.jpg

35254534726_de9f5a5d25_b.jpg

35164980601_ca3cb02b3d_b.jpg

35164981401_14c7b488af_b.jpg

35164977861_164bf629da_b.jpg

35164979931_15b665ddba_b.jpg

I think they look like postcards, just like the rest of your photos!

As always, fantastic work my friend!

I like #'s 3 and 5.

You should have tried the watermark over the prop blur in Pic 1/2, sized to match the diameter. Would be interesting to see anyway. I agree with 1/3/5 being the best, but mainly just because of the framing of the aircraft.

The best way to use Photoshop is to take a good picture in the first place. I like number 3, by the way.

Logos for sure...not a fan of the watermark

Logos for sure...not a fan of the watermark
Thanks, I agree.

1 & 3. The others suck. Just the watermarks though, the actual pics are great.
LMAO, thanks!

What's your intention with the logo?
Nothing really. Just learning Photoshop, which I've avoided for years. It's the a hard program to use as it's not user friendly at all.

My friend in the photos has a lot of Eagle posters and ads from the 80s in his hangar, just thought I'd see if I could make him a poster with his plane. I will probably print 1 & 3 and see how they come out.

Photoshops isn't bad at all for things like adding text or merging images. Its actually pretty straightforward. Where it gets hairy is in manipulation of images, where it has unrivaled power. I rented a house in Cincinnati once. In the flyer I didn't like how close my neighbor looked. A few keystrokes later I had no neighbor.

Like I said, take a good photo from the start and Photoshop becomes much, much easier. I've repaired ancient family photos though. Painstaking work.

Photoshops isn't bad at all for things like adding text or merging images. Its actually pretty straightforward. Where it gets hairy is in manipulation of images, where it has unrivaled power. I rented a house in Cincinnati once. In the flyer I didn't like how close my neighbor looked. A few keystrokes later I had no neighbor.

Like I said, take a good photo from the start and Photoshop becomes much, much easier. I've repaired ancient family photos though. Painstaking work.

I'm a big fan of getting the photo right! I like the power of Photoshop if needed, but I shouldn't need it. It's fun learning a few tricks though.

#1 and 3 for me too...

When I was a kid, I thought I'd die if I never owned an Eagle...but tastes change, and I don't think one is for me anymore...

#1 and 3 for me too...

When I was a kid, I thought I'd die if I never owned an Eagle...but tastes change, and I don't think one is for me anymore...
I would love to have one, but it wouldn't make a good photo plane!

Nothing really. Just learning Photoshop, which I've avoided for years. It's the a hard program to use as it's not user friendly at all.
Jack, may I suggest you get some books on old school photography and the developing and enhancing of prints. Once you understand the techniques the "old-timers" used, Photo Shop will be a natural for you. Before the digital age, I used to help out a pro photog in his darkroom. When PS first came out, it took me about 5 minutes to master it as I already knew the tools and techniques the pro used to achieve his style when hand developing his prints.

As I've stated before, you have a great eye and you shoot at optimal times of the day. I've played (contrast mostly) with a few of your photos and to be honest there's not much more you need to do with them, unless of course you want to start getting all funky and artsy. In that case there are tons of filters in PS you can play with that will allow you to be as creative as you want.

I would have a heyday with some of your photos of vintage aircraft. I'd get some shots with some vintage cars in front of old buildings/hangers etc., turn them B&W and then colorize them in the right places. I'd then run them through an Epson and print them out on aluminum. We're talking gallery quality that would command gallery type $$$. ;)

Since this is mostly a hobby for me, I don't want to be a PS expert. I try to get the photos right the first time, but occasionally I want to do something that Lightroom isn't capable of. It's not that I don't understand what PS can do, it's finding the way to do it. The PS menus are not user friendly.

I'll keep learning when I have time, which is rare!! It's like if you gave me a Formula One race car... I know it has tons of power, but I could probably keep it on the track up to about 60mph!

Not certain I want to see what you do when you really put your mind to it...
LOL, thanks. I would love to do photography full time, but I'd have to make a lot of money to walk away from my current job. And I've done my last wedding... Bridezillas and all!

Back