Chiropractor

U

Unregistered

If I pulled a muscle in my back, and followed up with a few chiropractic sessions, how best should I report this on my next 3rd class medical application? The pull was not bad, and I carried on with my daily activities as normal (but didn't fly for a week), but I got chiropractic work because I thought it would help (and it did). There is no "chart" on me I could get from the doctor, only my word and an intake form on which I stated the pain was a "3" on a scale of 1-10 where "1" is almost painless and "10" is unbearable.

Thank you.

I don't think there is a box for bad judgment. Personally I would have gone to a massage therapist since you had a muscle problem. But that of course doe not answer your question. You could just report it as a normal visit.

Chiropractors are "health professionals" for the purposes of reporting visits in block of the medical application. Note the visit including the date, name and address of the chiropractor, and the reason (treat pulled muscle). Since pulled muscles aren't disqualifying, I doubt it will matter to anyone, but since undisclosed visits to health professionals can cost you your tickets (and even your freedom), you don't want to be skipping any of them on the form.

Ron Levy said:
Chiropractors are "health professionals" for the purposes of reporting visits in block of the medical application. Note the visit including the date, name and address of the chiropractor, and the reason (treat pulled muscle). Since pulled muscles aren't disqualifying, I doubt it will matter to anyone, but since undisclosed visits to health professionals can cost you your tickets (and even your freedom), you don't want to be skipping any of them on the form.
Thank you, Ron. I keep a record of all doctor (and even dentist) visits.

Ditto what Ron said. If the AME asks about the visit, which he should do, just say you had chiropractic manipulation for a pulled muscle and it resolved.
Also I'll second Scott's comment on the massage therapist.
And if you have any numbness or significant weakness, I would avoid any manipulation until you prove it isn't a spinal/nerve root problem. Sometimes that just takes a good examination, sometimes it takes specialized testing.

Barb (AME)

One Short said:
Ditto what Ron said. If the AME asks about the visit, which he should do, just say you had chiropractic manipulation for a pulled muscle and it resolved.
Also I'll second Scott's comment on the massage therapist.
And if you have any numbness or significant weakness, I would avoid any manipulation until you prove it isn't a spinal/nerve root problem. Sometimes that just takes a good examination, sometimes it takes specialized testing.

Barb (AME)
Thank you Barb. Nope--it was just a simple pulled muscle which I got leaning over (not bending at the knees), and a few days later, it is already mostly back to norm.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back