China to build Jumbojets

Cap'n Jack

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cap'n Jack
"after our experience building the first Cessna Skycatcher, we decided go go right to Jumbo jets" They didn't actually say that:goofy:

At the risk of moving this to spin zone-Geeze- they want us to buy all kinds of goods made in China, but they won't buy Airbuses or Boeings to help the balance of trade?!

The story is here:
http://finance.myway.com/jsp/nw/nwdt_rt_top.jsp?news_id=ap-d90j75uo2&.html

In a dazzling example of their creativity, what do you think they named their aerospace companies?
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]China's two main aircraft manufacturing and servicing companies, China Aviation Industry Corp. I and China Aviation Industry Corp. II, which were split off from state-owned China Aviation Industry Corp. in 1999.[/FONT]

CAIC used to make just about everything at the Chinese airports except planes. First it was mostly Boeings, then a mix. So I am not surprised to see them want to turn their burgeoning aerospace technology into making planes. Keep in ind they are now are 'rival' in space, and have announced a manned moon mission. The Chinese are already making major assemblies of Airbuses and Boeings so this is the next logical step. If you really want them to buy stuff from us you are going to have to force them into it via tariffs, else they will just make it themselves. They see us as a consumer market for their goods, it is not the other way around.

BTW I am sitting in China right now. This is pretty big news here. Of course most things are Olympic related. The Chiense are billing the Olympics as the "World accepting China's greatness"

Back