China Air 737 engine fire

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/national/news/20070820p2a00m0na006000c.html

So, how did the airplane end up on the ground?! Looks like the gear is retracted, no? Maybe that's how the engine fire started? :dunno:

While they are saying it is not terrorism related, there HAD to have been an explosion... look at that bottom photo; the plane is opened up like a sardine can.

Nose gear doors are open. Why does every accident require the peanut gallery to speculate on the cause :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/national/news/20070820p2a00m0na006000c.html

So, how did the airplane end up on the ground?! Looks like the gear is retracted, no? Maybe that's how the engine fire started? :dunno:

While they are saying it is not terrorism related, there HAD to have been an explosion... look at that bottom photo; the plane is opened up like a sardine can.

As for the origins of the fire, I'd suspect brakes got really hot on landing. As far as the way the plane split, remember, the cabin is a pressure vessel and just being in a fire can build the pressure to the 8+psi the relief valves are set for (there a hell of a lot of square inches there to multiply 8 pounds by to make up the total force), then the heat weakens a rivetline, and things go Kablooie. That's the guess from this section of the peanut gallery.

Nose gear doors are open. Why does every accident require the peanut gallery to speculate on the cause :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

:dunno: Why do monkey's at the zoo throw s***? Because they can, and they have nothing better to do.

Why does every accident require the peanut gallery to speculate on the cause :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Wow. What did I do to deserve that?? I'm honestly curious about what caused the plane to catch fire and explode the pressure vessel. You don't see that happen every day...

Going back to my peanuts... monkey signing off.

Back