Chicago Sunday supper?

kevin47881

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Time to fly!
I'll be flying into MDW Sunday evening and driving to West Dundee (I think that's the name, it's just outside Hoffman Estates) and was curious if anyone would like to meet for supper? I land about 4:45 and figure I should be up there around 6:30.
And yes, I know ORD is closer to West Dundee but I'll be leaving from Oak Lawn which is just down the road from MDW and round trip flights are cheaper. The company does seem to like that! :D
Anyone up for a bite to eat?

I would enjoy meeting you, but I have to work.
If you want something fancy, try Lawry's Steakhouse in Chicago.

I'm close,, too, although I have a way too much to do. Lemme knwo where you guys decide to go...or I could look for good places.

Millrose in Hoffman Estates? The pilot/owner has lots of aviation pictures inside and a private airstrip a few miles away.

http://www.millroserestaurant.com/index.html

I'm close,, too, although I have a way too much to do. Lemme knwo where you guys decide to go...or I could look for good places.

Millrose in Hoffman Estates? The pilot/owner has lots of aviation pictures inside and a private airstrip a few miles away.

http://www.millroserestaurant.com/index.html

That's an idea. Depending on the weather I was also thinking Pilot Pete's. Mike what direction from West Dundee are you and we could try and meeting towards that?

Leslie and I would love to meet up with you guys too. We're about 20 W of MDW and 30 S of Schaumburg. We're good with Pilot Pete's or Millrose. Or we could do Bob Chinn's over by Palwaukee. (No, I won't call it Chicago Executive!)

Current weather showing A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 27. South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest. Fine for flying, as long as the ceilings are VFR. Don't want to try cloud busting; icing seems likely.

Leslie and I'll drive, and can pick up anyone who does decide to fly.

Grant, that would be great if you and Leslie could join us. I just left Scott a vm so we (he) can make the call about where to eat.
We'll keep you posted.

Grant, that would be great if you and Leslie could join us. I just left Scott a vm so we (he) can make the call about where to eat.
We'll keep you posted.

Just got off of the phone with Ken and it looks like Millrose in Barrington will be the best and easiest spot. Shall we meet at 6:30pm?

Please let me know who all is going?

Looking forward to meeting all y'all.
Scott, thanks for setting things up.
Be safe with the incoming wx.

Just got off of the phone with Ken and it looks like Millrose in Barrington will be the best and easiest spot. Shall we meet at 6:30pm?

Please let me know who all is going?

I'll call for reservations. It might be busy on a Sunday night.

I'll be between Grayslake and Chicago. Prolly come out there from Chicago. It's a semi straight shot down Barrington road / Rt 59 to Wauconda and thence north.

Last edited:
I made a reservation for 6:30 for 6. The name is "pilots" or Mike.

Kevin,

Are you gonna make it in? UAL cancelled all their flights into/out of Chicago after 7 PM, not sure about the others.

Don't know Kent. Right now I'm hoping things get back to some sense of normalcy before I leave BNA. Scott and I traded numbers just in case things go sour.
I'll try to update tomorrow before leaving for the airport.

Mike, much obliged for making the reservations. I can only hope the airport is open so I can make it!

Mike, much obliged for making the reservations. I can only hope the airport is open so I can make it!
I' thinking of trying to make it. But heck if I'm gonna FIKI for a supper. :hairraise: ...especially with a half new panel. 0C6 has to be VFR for this to make sense for me.

Last edited:
I' thinking of trying to make it. But heck if I'm gonna FIKI for a supper. :hairraise: ...especially with a half new panel. 0C6 has to be VFR for this to make sense for me.

Actually if you really want to come I would recommend 3CK. They have three approaches and I can pick you up very easily from there.

I'll pick you up Bruce. Call my cell.

Right now all flights into MDW and out of BNA are running on-time.
See all y'all this evening.

Kevin, according to the feds, the low pressure is going to be precisely over ORD at 6:00 p.m. tonight.

I think I better beg off. The ADDS data page is very, very impressive for ice.

Kevin just called me and they are running a little late. His flight can be viewed here, http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA2784

he will give me a call to give me a revised ETA when he knows something. The WX is snowing/rain up by me, ATC command center is not showing any major delays so we shall see. Maybe we should give ApacheBob a call at Chi-Center and ask him if he can expedite Kevin's plane ;)

Note from Kevin's wife (Debbie): SWA is showing that the new expected departure from BNA is 5 pm with a 6:05 pm arrival time at MDW. He said he probably won't make to your area until around 7:30 pm. Looks like y'all will be delaying dinner a bit. Just trying to keep everyone posted. Have fun!

Maybe we should give ApacheBob a call at Chi-Center and ask him if he can expedite Kevin's plane ;)

I didn't realize you worked at ZAU, Bob! What sector(s)? Would you work us little guys, or do you work up high?

I speak to ZAU a lot.

It's really snowing down here, too (west of MDW). We'll delay leaving until about 6:00, and with traffic probably won't get there until about 7:30. Scott, not sure if you have my cell number. I'll PM it to you and Mike.

Kevin just called and he is not going to make it tonight. So the Millrose mission is scrubbed for Sunday. Repeat we are a no-go. He is going to try and come in on Tuesday so perhaps maybe then. When he gets resettled Ken said he will post and we can attempt one more time.

Sorry it did not work out but winter finally arrived here in Chicago.

Last edited:
Note from Kevin's wife (Debbie) again:
It looks like Scott beat me to the post. Kevin just called and said that he won't make it to Chicago tonight so he won't be able to meet you all tonight (Sunday). See above post for more information.

Ken just called and he is not going to make it tonight. So the Millrose mission is scrubbed for Sunday. Repeat we are a no-go. He is going to try and come in on Tuesday so perhaps maybe then. When he gets resettled Ken said he will post and we can attempt one more time.

Ken? I thought it was Kevin. ;)

Ken just called and he is not going to make it tonight. So the Millrose mission is scrubbed for Sunday. Repeat we are a no-go. He is going to try and come in on Tuesday so perhaps maybe then. When he gets resettled Ken said he will post and we can attempt one more time.

Sorry it did not work out but winter finally arrived here in Chicago.

Disappointed!!!

I showered and put on my party dress an' everything.

We gots another 3-4 inches of snow. Maybe tomorrow morning I'll attack that 8 foot long snow mountain and try out my new strategy. I WILL BEAT IT YET!

Well, I made it back to the house. I'm now scheduled to be in the West Dundee area Tuesday evening. How about a do over?
Just checked flightaware and the bird still hasn't left :(
Guess I made the right go/no-go decision on this one.

Well, I made it back to the house. I'm now scheduled to be in the West Dundee area Tuesday evening. How about a do over?
Just checked flightaware and the bird still hasn't left :(
Guess I made the right go/no-go decision on this one.
It's even easier for me Tuesday evening, since it's close to my work. I'm there. Leslie'll make the call on whether she's able to drive up after work. Same bat time, same bat channel?

And Scott, you called Kevin "Ken" on the phone, too! :goofy::hairraise:

Tuesday has potential. I have been wanting to go back to Lawry's for a long time.
ApacheBob

Back