Chicago POAers - Dinner Tuesday?

t0r0nad0

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
PJ Gustafson
Hey Guys,

I'm coming back again! Who's up for dinner/hangar flying on Tuesday evening? I'll actually be staying in the city this time and won't have a car, so I don't know about getting to Pilot Pete's, but I'd love suggestions for other places! I have been dying to try Frontera Grill/Topolobompo or Graham Elliot restaurants, would anyone be open to meeting at one of those?

Looking forward to catching up with you guys again!

I am free on Tuesday and I hope my back is working again by then. So far three days in bed, sigh!

Where downtown are you staying?

If we meet downtown I can easily 'train it' into the city.

You're not there for the ASTD conference, are you?

Nope, client visit.

Apparently, either people are not available or a trek into the city is not desirable. So, how about this? I can get myself to the Roselle or Schaumberg Metra station (your choice) if one of you all can pick me up and we can go to Pilot Pete's. Does that work better for anyone?

Nope, client visit.

Apparently, either people are not available or a trek into the city is not desirable. So, how about this? I can get myself to the Roselle or Schaumberg Metra station (your choice) if one of you all can pick me up and we can go to Pilot Pete's. Does that work better for anyone?
Leslie has a test at my work on Tuesday. Our anniversary is Thursday, so we'll get to eat out twice this week! We'll plan to pick you up at the Roselle Metra and take you to Pilot Pete's. To hurry this along, we'll plan to pick you up at 6:08 (departs Union Station at 5:23) and we'll plan on a 6:30PM dinner. How does that sound to people?

Here's the Metra schedule: http://metrarail.com/content/metra/...ule-submit.y=11&schedule-submit=View+Schedule

Last edited:
Have fun at Pilot Pete's! :) The last time I was there, it was for Christmas shopping at Woodfield Mall.

101_2054.jpg

Christopher and I sat by the window that overlooks the runway where we could watch 34Q while we had dinner. Not much traffic that day... I thought there would be more shoppers considering it ws almost two weeks before Christmas!

Lynn, I work close enough to Woodfield that I've been known to go there for lunch. So does Scott M., when he's actually in the office. Let me know next time you're in the area!

Leslie has a test at my work on Tuesday. Our anniversary is Thursday, so we'll get to eat out twice this week! We'll plan to pick you up at the Roselle Metra and take you to Pilot Pete's. To hurry this along, we'll plan to pick you up at 6:08 (departs Union Station at 5:23) and we'll plan on a 6:30PM dinner. How does that sound to people?

Here's the Metra schedule: http://metrarail.com/content/metra/...ule-submit.y=11&schedule-submit=View+Schedule

Just made plans to watch the Hawks tomorrow evening with friends otherwise I'd definitely be there....Have a good time guys:smile:

B

Ha! I knew that would get some people! :)

I'm not sure that I'll make the 5:23p train, but if I miss that one I'll catch the next one. Grant, I got your PM, thank you very much and I'll be in touch to let you know which train I made it on. See you guys tonight!

Lynn, I work close enough to Woodfield that I've been known to go there for lunch. So does Scott M., when he's actually in the office. Let me know next time you're in the area!
I can see Woodfield from my office. My corner faces south and east so I get to stare at it all day, when I actually visit my office. I am in the good corner because I do not get WiFi interference from Grant's place of employment. Although he probably thinks he gets far too much interference from where I work. :D:D

6:30pm at Pilot Pete's sounds fine. I'll see if the SO is available to meet us.

should be a great weather day for anyone who wants to fly in.

I wish I could join you. My sons have their choir concert tonight.
Have fun!
:blueplane:
ApacheBob

I spoke to Mike about coming tonight. He told me that Grant had already called him and he is planning on being there. Cool.

So far it looks like 7 PoAers. Anyone else?

Still on my post Miegs Chicago boycott. Until it re-opens, I won't give that city a dime.

Well we are actually having dinner in a suburb that is not even adjacent to Chicago so Dick won't get a dime if you head on over and join us.

Toll roads to get there.

Because I would have to file and with ORD sending me to Peoria before allowing me back into Schaumburg, it would be quicker to drive.

Last edited:
I'll see if the fuel pump is working at Hastings. Evidently a board in it went bad last week. I was the last one to use the fuel pump, and it went kablooey.

What's the procedure into 06C? 10.5 over the top, and duck back under?

What's the procedure into 06C? 10.5 over the top, and duck back under?
That could work. The edge of the bravo is west of 06C by a few miles. Many just opt for around the bottom of the lake and then cut up direct to 06C below the bravo. As long as you are fine dodging an antenna or two that'll work as well.

Chicago doesn't get any of the money from the toll roads. Next excuse?:D

I am wondering how many miles of toll roads that are actually in Chicago? I don't think it is much. There is the skyway which is now privatized, but the Jane Adams changes to the freeway prior to entry into Chicago and 294 only cuts through a tiny sliver of Chicago near O'Hare IAP. Technically I am pretty sure that the tollways are all outside of the city limits.

We had a great time. Most of us got there a little after 7. Leslie was left to save a seat for us all. The ever-elusive Mike Andrews made a welcome appearance. From the left are Grant, Karen, Scott, Mike, Leslie, and PJ.

Attachments

• PoA_PilotPetes_May2010.jpg
    PoA_PilotPetes_May2010.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Dammit! NOW I read this! That's what I get for going to the FlyBQ and being mostly offline for the last several days. :(

Sorry I missed you, PJ.

Dammit! NOW I read this! That's what I get for going to the FlyBQ and being mostly offline for the last several days. :(

Sorry I missed you, PJ.

No worries Kent, I'll catch you next time.

Thanks to everyone for coming out - it was a great time!

Pot Roast!

Attachments

• pilotpetes 5-18-10.jpg
    pilotpetes 5-18-10.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 9
Pot Roast!
Wow, I guess I wasn't there after all! :)
Those pot roast nachos were awesome. Remember them, because they aren't on the menu. One appetizer plenty big enough for the six of us.

Wow, I guess I wasn't there after all! :)
Those pot roast nachos were awesome. Remember them, because they aren't on the menu. One appetizer plenty big enough for the six of us.

Oops. How did we miss you?

You get more pot when you have Pete's (Shepherd) Pie.

Back