Chicago next week

Clark1961

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Display name:
Looks like I'm headed for Chicago next Wednesday for a Thursday morning meeting. It could be an ugly meeting with a less than diligent dissenting party from a takeover. Wednesday evening is probably spent game planning so no rousting out of the POA locals.

Anyway, the hotel is near Millennium Park so it looks like Midway and the Orange line or a taxi. I'm a newby to Chicago so any words to the wise? I'm guessing Odyssey at Midway and try real hard not to get run over by any of the big airplanes (or small ones for that matter)...

Looks like I'm headed for Chicago next Wednesday for a Thursday morning meeting. It could be an ugly meeting with a less than diligent dissenting party from a takeover. Wednesday evening is probably spent game planning so no rousting out of the POA locals.

Anyway, the hotel is near Millennium Park so it looks like Midway and the Orange line or a taxi. I'm a newby to Chicago so any words to the wise? I'm guessing Odyssey at Midway and try real hard not to get run over by any of the big airplanes (or small ones for that matter)...

I flew into MDW about a month ago. The guys at Odessy were great! (I am their biggest fan on airnav, LOL)

A very easy airport to get in and out of.

I'd love to come see you Clark but took an oath to never again step foot in Chicago so long as the evil one rules.

If you are coming into MDW that seems reasonable. Are you flying commercial?

If you are in the Dakota I can suggest other airports and if you are using ones in the NW part of the area I can pick you up and get you on Metra to downtown.

If you are coming into MDW that seems reasonable. Are you flying commercial?

If you are in the Dakota I can suggest other airports and if you are using ones in the NW part of the area I can pick you up and get you on Metra to downtown.

The forecast for next week looks okay so I'm planning on the Dakota for now. MDW looks like the closest and client is picking up expenses so I'm thinking why not go into MDW?

Thanks for the x-port offer, it is kind and I do appreciate it. I hope I'm not wrong in thinking MDW is the way to go.

I really wish the meeting would have been on Friday so I could justify staying around and try to organize a Saturday lunch. Oh well, it's the client's schedule on this one.

No problem Clark.

KMDW is a good choice. I have heard that they do treat GA way better than you could ever hope compared to other airports in Chicago ;)

After looking at the forecasts this morning, I bought tickets on Frontier.:frown3:

Outbound tomorrow looked ok, I probably could have gone over the top of everything from the looks of the model soundings. Probably would have had to drop through a thin cloud layer at some point. I think it wouldn't have picked up much ice as long as ATC let me drop through quickly.

Heading back looked like it could get dodgy with a fairly wide band of forecast ice pellets, snow, and a 20 to 30 knot headwind. I might have been able to go over the top if I could get up through a predicted cloud layer. The headwinds would have required a fuel stop and that would have diminished my chances of getting through the clag.

Anyone else have trouble with rucsoundings.noaa.gov this morning? I was getting bad and null data loads. Had to repeat the data loads many times to get plots. I finally gave up after only checking a few locations along the route.

I could have just waited the weather out but Chicago in February just doesn't sound like a lot of fun. Oh well, maybe next time...

Back