Chicago Area, October 4 - Poker Run!

lprellwitz

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
iBug
OK, so I had too much fun at Gastons...

I'm putting together a Poker Run for the Ninety-Nines Chicago Area Chapter flying event this fall. You do not have to be a 99 to participate; I'm more interested in getting folks up and enjoying the skies.

Confirming airports at this time, but so far they are:

Lake In The Hills (3CK)
Poplar Grove (C77)
Morris Municipal (C09)
Lansing Municipal (KIGQ)

Final stop: Shannon's Landing Irish Pub and Eatery, on the grounds of Lansing Municipal. Be at the pub by 2:00 central on the 4th, pick up your last card, stick around for scoring.

Current plan is to have cards available approx 1 week before, so you have more time to pick them up - details on exact availability to follow.

Entry fee is $15 per hand, $3 for an extra card; prizes for top 3 hands, as well as worst hand.

Entry fee also includes a raffle prize entry ticket, one ticket per hand played. The donations I have so far are all items I certainly wouldn't mind keeping for myself :)

Let me know if you're thinking of participating, so I can keep the restaurant informed of potential headcount closer to the date (meals not included, just making sure they have enough space for us). Also lets me know if, by some wonderful chance, we have enough participants that I have to send more cards out to the airports! :yes:

Save the date....

Leslie

Cool, Leslie!! Glad you're feeling better, and you'll have fun with this!

PLAYERS!! NOTE that all top three winners at Gastons paid for the "Extra card" and it DID make a difference. I'd suggest budgeting the extra $3 to purchase a bonus card from Leslie!! :)

P.S.--The worst hand at Gastons was also obtained by purchasing an extra bonus card, right Chip!? ;-)

Here's the poster for the Poker Run. Midwest folks, please print this out and post at your local airports! Leslie's managed to secure hundreds of dollars worth of prizes from vendors like Rod Machado, Sporty's, AOPA, Jeppesen, and others. You can start visiting the airports on September 26th, and the judging will be on October 4th at Lansing, IL.

Attachments

• CAC poker run poster 2.jpg
    CAC poker run poster 2.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 13
Good afternoon, everyone! Hope everyone's up for some great early fall flying - Poker Run cards should be available starting today at the participating FBOs (flyer attached)! If you'd like to get your 4 outlying cards early, now's your chance - just remember to keep those envelopes sealed until you get to Shannon's Landing on October 4.

The entry fee for each hand played ($15) includes a door prize ticket, so be sure to stick around for those drawings as well as the poker hand scores.

In addition, I received two donations that were just too good to put in the general prize pool:

- a Captain Flight Bag (courtesy of Jeppesen), and
- a ladies gold and matte silvertone watch (courtesy of AOPA)

so we'll have a special drawing for them. I'll have them on display at Shannons Landing - $1 per ticket, 6 tickets for $5.

Have fun if you're flying this weekend, safe skies, hope to see you on October 4th at Shannon's Landing!

Leslie

Attachments

• CAC poker run.jpg
    CAC poker run.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 8
sounds like fun leslie, do you have the flyer up online or a website I could direct people towards to get the same info? I may circulate this to our flying club.

and JOOC is it a 99's issue why helo's, experimentals, and ultralights cannot participate?

I believe we posted the info on Adventurepilot, and flyins.com under the airports that are card stops. if you look under Lansing Municipal (KIGQ, I believe) it should be there.

The exclusions have more to do with insurance - as an 'official' 99s flying event, we are required to purchase a certificate of insurance for the event through headquarters, and I don't believe the certificate covers those categories.

Feel free to re-post the flyer that's here too. And if you think a number will be participating, let me know - I'm trying to give some sort of the headcount to the restaurant so they know how much space to set aside for us.

Thanks, Leslie

We went out last Saturday and got some of the cards, because we need to be at Lansing early. Looking forward to seeing some of you there! Weather is looking good!

okay...who won? It is almost 11 pm and have been sitting online for hours waiting to find out!:redface:

Well there were nine hands played, two of which were mine. I came in last place and third place. I'll let Leslie post the full results. Only Leslie, Elizabeth Hitchcock, and I were there from the PoA. The weather couldn't have been better!:no:

Back