Chicago area multi training recommendations

My plan A is a “guy I know” who has a PA30 with an MEI in one of my clubs (who is in Italy right now).

Plan B is Illinois Aviation Academy. I’ve done all my certs there and am a big fan. They get a little $$$ sometimes, but their training is absolutely top. They have a PA27 for multi.

Other than that, just today at lunch Ed and Paul made me aware of a guy who’ll do it over a long weekend in a Piper Apache up near KTVC… so that might affect my decision.

Plan Q is JA Air in Aurora. They’re good but at the bottom of my list because they use a DA42, and I’m not likely not fly anything like that personally.

I’ve been stalling a little since I just put a new roof on my house and I have been tailwheeling it lately.

My plan A is a “guy I know” who has a PA30 with an MEI in one of my clubs (who is in Italy right now).

Plan B is Illinois Aviation Academy. I’ve done all my certs there and am a big fan. They get a little $$$ sometimes, but their training is absolutely top. They have a PA27 for multi.

Other than that, just today at lunch Ed and Paul made me aware of a guy who’ll do it over a long weekend in a Piper Apache up near KTVC… so that might affect my decision.

Plan Q is JA Air in Aurora. They’re good but at the bottom of my list because they use a DA42, and I’m not likely not fly anything like that personally.

I’ve been stalling a little since I just put a new roof on my house and I have been tailwheeling it lately.

Which airport is Plan A? And any idea when he will be back?

Anyone heard or tried Skill Aviation at Waukegan? They are north of Chicago, comparing their offerings with Illinois Aviation Academy as well right now.

Anyone heard or tried Skill Aviation at Waukegan? They are north of Chicago, comparing their offerings with Illinois Aviation Academy as well right now.

Too expensive, their multi is close to $500/hr plus instructor, and their instructors typically add on a lot of unnecessary ground time.

Back