Chicago area members... this weekend?

I'm not going to make it to 1C5 -- too tight to get the plane back in time for the next renter.

Next time...

--david

I was gonna join at JVL but now I don't where you're all going?

I'd have to launch for the drive in minutes... Owell.

We're at Charlies (1C5) now. Scott I. may stop in and see us. Anyone else?

Well, that didn't quite work out... left KJVL before some others showed up. Maybe next time.
But I only left then because my ride was leaving... flew up from C77 with Buzz in his plane.

Great flight (thanks again Buzz!), and good breakfast, too... even though they forgot my orange juice... twice. :rolleyes:

We had four of us at Clow. Leslie and me, Zuk Williams, who's not on the board, but flies out of Clow, and Scott Istvan, who has a few postings on the board. Scott flew in from Naper Air, and was ramp checked as he was exiting the plane! Dave Bear from the DuPage FSDO was ramp checking everyone who landed for a couple of hours. It was pretty painless; just show pilot certificate, medical, and the plane's paperwork. Scott will probably chime in with the details. I had a chance to show Scott and Zuk the proposed O'Hare Class Bravo that they're shooting for this December.

Well, that didn't quite work out... left KJVL before some others showed up. Maybe next time.
But I only left then because my ride was leaving... flew up from C77 with Buzz in his plane.

Great flight (thanks again Buzz!), and good breakfast, too... even though they forgot my orange juice... twice. :rolleyes:

So that was you...Buzz and I were chatting as he was leaving with you out of C77 and I was over Devil's Lake inbound to Reedsburg (C35). I heard you guys headed back in as I was going over to RYV to meet up with the in-laws. (Who live at LL10 by the way)

Robbie

Robbie,

We saw your in-laws C170 leave JVL shortly after we arrived. Someone else there pointed them out to me.

Nice day, busy place, too bad we couldn't stay longer and meet Dr. Bruce.

Barry, MikeA and Barry's Partner, and Dave F (Flandoc from the Cherokee Chat board) had lunch. Sorry we missed you Sean but you had a GOOD time I think :)

Robbie,

We saw your in-laws C170 leave JVL shortly after we arrived. Someone else there pointed them out to me.

Nice day, busy place, too bad we couldn't stay longer and meet Dr. Bruce.

Hee hee - it's a 180 - but you can't tell from the cafe to the runway.

Buzz, we oughtta combine these guys and the buzzards one sunny Sunday this summer. That ought to be like mixing matter and anti-matter, huh? :hairraise:

All kidding aside, Buzz and I frequent breakfast trips with a group out of Waukegan (the SMBC being more south-side oriented and a bit large for me). It'd be fun to get a bunch of the rest of you to meet up with us.

Myself and my partner Al were there about 11:10am - I think we saw the champ parked outside.

Back