Chicago area members... this weekend?

rottydaddy

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
beaky
I am back in the area as predicted, for two weeks... working nights since Monday and leaving Saturday evening 3/22, so there's a good chance I will have most of a day off this Sunday or that Saturday. I'm hoping to fly with Bob in his C120 at C77 this Sunday, but haven't heard back from him yet...

If anyone in the area wants to take me flying or just hang out, PM me... I have a rental car this time and definitely have time most weekdays to shoot out to the 'burbs for lunch or whatever. I may go out to the restaurant at Schaumburg some time this week just for the hell of it anyway...

I am around this weekend. Probably could even fly on Saturday. If you want to have lunch in Schaumburg on Friday let me know too. I'll PM you my cell number.

I'll be back in Chicago Saturday afternoon. Saturday evening or Sunday would work!

I might be able to make Sunday. It all depends on how the inspection of the Ka-6CR goes in Ames on Sat.

Pete

ill have to check my schedule for sunday. i may have a student who needs a XC...

BTW, I was going to say that this thread belongs in Cool Places To Fly but Chicago obviously does not qualify. :D

I'll be at C77 at 8:00 am. I'll keep an eye out for you. Also, Bob knows where my hangar is at.

Sunday at Janesville? Lakelawn? Clow? Anyone?

I got the plane and the weather looks good - the stars have aligned!!:goofy:

I'm not sure if Lakelawn's runway is open yet but lunch/brunch on Sunday looks good.

Let me know where you're going Bruce! Lakelawn or Janesville, Clow's too close!

OK, I'm at least home which means I should be able to make it.

Now, can anyone from Chicago bring my trainee up? Hmmm. Alternatively, how much does it cost to fly into Midway?

im headed to Lincoln tomorrow and scheduled for about 8 hrs of flight/ground on sunday at home. catch you all some other time.

I got the plane and the weather looks good - the stars have aligned!!:goofy:

I'm not sure if Lakelawn's runway is open yet but lunch/brunch on Sunday looks good.

Let me know where you're going Bruce! Lakelawn or Janesville, Clow's too close!
Janesville. Lake Lawn is not plowed. How about 12N? I have to deliver my student to ALO in the AM and can make 11:00 or 12N.

Barry?

If I were to try to make Noon at JVL from PHN am I better off cutting across the Lake North of the class B or goping around it to the south?

That may just be too long of a day, I already have a long one planned for Tuesday.

I'd like to meet some of you guys, but JVL's a bit of a stretch for me to drive to and make it back to downtown Chicago in time for work in the afternoon... maybe next time.

If I were to try to make Noon at JVL from PHN am I better off cutting across the Lake North of the class B or goping around it to the south?

That may just be too long of a day, I already have a long one planned for Tuesday.
It's exactly two hours straight across at 138 kts. BUT, I would never encourage anyone to take risks in a single across the widest portion of the lake. Sigh.

If you go around through CGT (Chicago Heights Vortac) or through Gary Class D, you fly the lakefront below 1800 feet and go west at UGN. This adds about 70 nm. As long as you are actually out over Navy Pier at 1800 or less, and clearly >6 DME from ORD you're okay.

Attachments

• CHIBravo.JPG
    CHIBravo.JPG
    388.8 KB · Views: 11
It's exactly two hours straight across at 138 kts. BUT, I would never encourage anyone to take risks in a single across the widest portion of the lake. Sigh.

If you go around through CGT (Chicago Heights Vortac) or through Gary Class D, you fly the lakefront below 1800 feet and go west at UGN. This adds about 70 nm. As long as you are actually out over Navy Pier at 1800 or less, and clearly >6 DME from ORD you're okay.

I would go around CGT to JOT to avoid the class B and fly IFR over the class C and D's. I don't think I'll be there tomorrow. If you guy's come east a little some day I'll try and join you.

So, noon Sunday (3/16) at JVL? I don't post much here, and JVL is really too close to MSN, but I have a plane reserved and I'd like to meet some of you...

--david

I'd like to meet some of you guys, but JVL's a bit of a stretch for me to drive to and make it back to downtown Chicago in time for work in the afternoon... maybe next time.

Ack! I thought we were doing this to meet you... Catch a ride with Barry, maybe?

Are you IN the city or near a peripheral airport? Maybe I can help out....leaving until 10:00 p.m, so send a PM/E-mail and a way I can contact you.....

I don't think we'll be there. Neither the 210 nor our usual 182 are available from 12 - 2, and I really don't think they want one of the 172s taken out of commission for 4 - 6 hours on one of the few nice weekends we've had this year! I'd drive, but we did that last year. If we want a secondary get-together at Clow for those who cannot make it up to JVL, let me know!

I don't think we'll be there. Neither the 210 nor our usual 182 are available from 12 - 2, and I really don't think they want one of the 172s taken out of commission for 4 - 6 hours on one of the few nice weekends we've had this year! I'd drive, but we did that last year. If we want a secondary get-together at Clow for those who cannot make it up to JVL, let me know!

Grant,

I might take you up on that... Looks like I might not get a plane in time for noon at JVL, and I think I might want to go to UGN tomorrow and then maybe MDW to pick up my trainee unless I can come up with something better. :dunno:

Clow looks more inviting to me than JVL. I'll check later and tomorrow before heading to the airport and see if it looks like any one will be there at noon or so.

Grant,

I might take you up on that... Looks like I might not get a plane in time for noon at JVL, and I think I might want to go to UGN tomorrow and then maybe MDW to pick up my trainee unless I can come up with something better. :dunno:

I can pick you up at UGN or PWK, but I ain't flying.

I'll plan to be around Clow noonish. If I'm not in Charlie's, I'll be at the FBO. Just ask for me or Leslie!

Sean got your PM I'll ring the phone around 0750 if it's not too rude.....

We're going to head towrds Clow for a noon to 1300 arrival. Don't know if we'll go all the way but we will give it a start.

We'll be in 216JA.

The clouds have lifted here and I see blue sky! I really see blue sky!!!:goofy:

Now if it would just warm up enough that I could get the Harley out after it would be perfect!

16:30 z still snowing and low clouds across the state. Not looking good for lunch.

Back