Chicago area (and beyond) mechanic referrals

mandm

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Michael
Looking for a mechanic to do an annual inspection, shops are booked way out, quite a few shops have recently raised their prices so I’m starting to shop around for next years annual.

Id be willing to endorse Flightstar at cmi. They take care of an all piper flight school fleet, so they're very familiar with arrows and have a deep stock of parts for them. They're pretty easy to schedule, but they're not cheap. I think my Lance annual is 2500, which includes the inspection and annual maintenance. I assume an arrow would be cheaper. Depending on the time of year, I might even be willing to run you home.

Everyone who thinks Flightstar is too expensive takes their plane to "sky's the limit" down at RSV. I believe she charged $1000 for the club 172 last year. Don't know how she is for scheduling, but I assume she's busy. She has a good reputation. That's getting to be pretty far from home for you though.

I've had good luck and reasonable pricing from Wisconsin Aviation at Watertown, WI (RYV) had my Cherokee 235 serviced there when I had and they look after my Grumman currently.

Back