Cherry Ridge PA (N30)

Gary

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Gary
Beautiful day in SE PA, not too hot, calm winds, and just a few puffy clouds. So the Quakertown Pilots Association, AdamZ and I headed to Cherry Ridge for the semi-routine Sunday morning breakfast fly-out. Just gorgeous flying, get all trimmed up and the plane just flew along on rails. Tad hazy but not all that bad. Called ahead to the restaurant and they were ready with all the tables set up. Good service and good food. 14 people, 6 planes. A few pictures. Us on the ramp at N30, the view from the deck, Lake Wallenpaupack, Delaware River gap, AdamZ effortlessly flying us through severe calm and clear skies and our arrival back at KUKT. A most excellent day!!

Highly recommend the place!

Gary

Attachments

• QPA Wing 1.JPG
    QPA Wing 1.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 36
  • QPA Wing 2.JPG
    QPA Wing 2.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Deck View.JPG
    Deck View.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Deleware River Gap.JPG
    Deleware River Gap.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Pilot AdamZ.JPG
    Pilot AdamZ.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 38
  • Final RWY 29.JPG
    Final RWY 29.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Down and Safe.JPG
    Down and Safe.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Lake Wallenpaupack.JPG
    Lake Wallenpaupack.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 37
Looked like a great trip!thanks for the pictures.

Guess I just need to move back east!

I did my first solo cross country to Cherry Ridge. Fond memories. I remember seeing a coyote trotting down the edge of the field as I was taxiing out to take off.

I did my first solo cross country to Cherry Ridge. Fond memories. I remember seeing a coyote trotting down the edge of the field as I was taxiing out to take off.

Cool! We have had issues there before - like running out of eggs during breakfast!. They seemed to have fixed the problems now. The nicest thing is that you can sit inside or on the deck and have a great view of the apron and the runway. The place has gone up a few notches on the destination list.

Gary

It was an awesome day. Flying in Pennsylvania especially up north can be beautiful. Gary is quite the stealth photographer. I must have really be concentrating on the landing because I was sitting a foot away from him and didn't see him take the photos.

And yes the restaurant at Cherry Ridge is a great spot. I really like it there.

Thanks for posting...good memories on the lake.

I haven't been to Cherry Ridge...yet. Maybe when the heat wave lifts I'll get my butt up there and check the place out.

Back