Cherokee Six 300

MD11Pilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
MD11Pilot
Need someone who is actively flying one of these to contact me via PM or my listed email. I have some questions.

Thanks

Need someone who is actively flying one of these to contact me via PM or my listed email. I have some questions.

Thanks

It would be nice to know what the question is. I'm not being nosy it's just so we can all learn from the answers!

Ok, ok I deserve that.

I am actively looking for an airplane and my wife wants a six seater, I want fast my son wants me to but a 210 and die (ggg). Most practical is a 182.
I have flown the Six but many years ago and on someone else's dime. Just trying to refresh the brain with accurate information.

Speed
Fuel burn
Range

Looking at both also. Pushing the limit on budgets. Will take any info on them. I do not like the T tail models and SWMBO wants club seating.

Ok, ok I deserve that.

I am actively looking for an airplane and my wife wants a six seater, I want fast my son wants me to but a 210 and die (ggg). Most practical is a 182.
I have flown the Six but many years ago and on someone else's dime. Just trying to refresh the brain with accurate information.

Speed
Fuel burn
Range

A newer model 210 is a great plane. They got bigger and useful load increased with time. A friend has a '67 model, and it trues around 145 knots or so. I get the feeling he wishes he had a 70's model for the larger engine/bigger 3rd row seats. I don't think the cherokee sixes are going to break any speed records. Someone mentioned saratoga/lances. Those would be faster than a fixed gear 6.

Ok, ok I deserve that.

Speed
Fuel burn
Range

'76 Lance (straight tail)
at 8500'
155 kts
15 gph
Range: holds 94 gal

The six is gonna be 145 kts @ 16-17 gph

My 260hp would do 140 kts and 15gph

Lance (not sure about Saratoga) has a baggage compartment between firewall and panel that holds something like 100+ lbs if memory serves me right. Great for W&B as opposed to a Bonanza where the third row is really useless.

Lance (not sure about Saratoga) has a baggage compartment between firewall and panel that holds something like 100+ lbs if memory serves me right. Great for W&B as opposed to a Bonanza where the third row is really useless.
All PA32s including the Cherokee 6 have that nose baggage. It isn't that helpful for W&B though, because in the PA32s, as you get closer to max gross, the fwd limit of the CG envelope sharply tapers aft which means if you are loaded, you may only be able to put light items in the nose.

All PA32s including the Cherokee 6 have that nose baggage. It isn't that helpful for W&B though, because in the PA32s, as you get closer to max gross, the fwd limit of the CG envelope sharply tapers aft which means if you are loaded, you may only be able to put light items in the nose.
but....the forward baggage compartment is huge. A body could fit up there....in fact I've crawled into mine to do maintenance on the the avionics panel. The big plus is that when you have people in the back....there is plenty of room for strollers and bags up front....and more room behind the rear seat.

Ok, ok I deserve that.

Speed
Fuel burn
Range

pilotfriend.com has the info you are looking for.
http://www.pilotfriend.com/aircraft performance/acft_list.htm

Look at a Lance for the best useful load combined with speed.

Back