cherokee seat STC

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
I've got one of the cherokees with a bench back seat. Anyone know if there's an STC to convert it to be 2 bucket seats? Or if anyone's done this with a field approval?

Getting the upright section of that bench seat installed is not a happy experience. I'd be flying right now, but until that seatback is installed, I can't finish installing the side panels.

I've got one of the cherokees with a bench back seat. Anyone know if there's an STC to convert it to be 2 bucket seats? Or if anyone's done this with a field approval?

Getting the upright section of that bench seat installed is not a happy experience. I'd be flying right now, but until that seatback is installed, I can't finish installing the side panels.

I know JimC in Memphis has converted his bench to bucket seats. He's on piperforum.com fairly often and could probably tell you the particulars. I'm waiting for my side panels to be delivered from the upholstry shop, I cut the backings out of kydex and am doing the same thing you are... My back seat (bench) was a non-event to get out... Here's to hoping it's just as easy to get back in.

Depends on the Cherokee. Mine is actually a two-seater; the back seats are not considered original equipment and are held in by velcro. Indeed, mine has a pair of seats in lieu of the bench seats of the originals.

Back