Cherokee production is ending

asicer

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
asicer
https://www.autoblog.com/2023/03/23/jeep-cherokee-discontinued/

OK, so it's the car (Jeep) and not the plane. But this quote made me wonder whether they made the same request to Piper and what was the response, if any.

The name, in fact, came under fire two years ago, when the chief of the Cherokee Nation asked Jeep to stop using the tribe's name on its vehicles. "I'm sure this comes from a place that is well-intended, but it does not honor us by having our name plastered on the side of a car," Chuck Hoskin Jr., principal chief of the Cherokee Nation, said at the time.

GM has ended the Camaro (for now). Not sure if the French were behind that or crap sales.

I guess Opel and Fiat didn’t get the memo the US is on shoring manufacturing now.

I've never understood the market for the smaller Jeeps, the Cherokee, Patriot, and Compass. Just plain and generic, Jeep in name only. The Cherokee and Compass are practically competitors.

The Wranglers are still iconic. The Grand Cherokee still has a huge following. The Wagoneer broke them into the full size market, although the Grand Wagoneer I doubt will be a huge win. Anyone looking to spend $100k on a luxury SUV probably isn't a Jeep person.

Back