Cherokee Owners... You can breath again... but keep your distance :)

I am still on the list (-181) but I don't calculate over 5000 hours according to the current formula.

This is like the 3rd thread on this now...

Triplicate. At any rate, it's shame the father of the student decided to sue Piper instead of ERAU in the lawsuit. They re suing the wrong people imo.

Eh, IDK. They should have gone after both.

Why? How does suing actually help the situation? Aside from making scummy lawyers richer and making flying even less affordable. Did any of the parties intentionally harm anyone. We will never go flying together.
Life is not perfect.

Last edited:
Why? How does suing actually help the situation? Aside from making scummy lawyers richer and making flying even less affordable. Did any of the parties intentionally harm anyone. We will never go flying together.
Life is not perfect.

So, we shouldn't hold anyone responsible for anything they do wrong?

Triplicate. At any rate, it's shame the father of the student decided to sue Piper instead of ERAU in the lawsuit. They re suing the wrong people imo.

The AD should apply to ERAU. It’s their children who over-Ged the planes and slammed them onto the runway. There are statements out there that their CFIs have been known to do aerobatics in E-R’s PA-28s. And if their students can’t make smooth landings by the time they’re working on Commercial, they probably shouldn’t be flying.

If there was a problem with Arrow wings fleetwide, it would’ve shown up sometime earlier in the 52 years that Piper’s been making them.

The AD should apply to ERAU. It’s their children who over-Ged the planes and slammed them onto the runway. There are statements out there that their CFIs have been known to do aerobatics in E-R’s PA-28s. And if their students can’t make smooth landings by the time they’re working on Commercial, they probably shouldn’t be flying.

If there was a problem with Arrow wings fleetwide, it would’ve shown up sometime earlier in the 52 years that Piper’s been making them.

well if you think about it, they are kinda targeting those PA-28s that are a part of the landing abuse. some others (like me) got caught in the cross fire.

It’s not so much that they can’t make smooth landings....these are pilots who have only flown Skyhawks and Warriors who now are trying to do power-off 180s to a 100’ long spot in a plane they have 10 hours in. When all you’ve flown are C172s, the Arrow is a big difference. I do 100% agree that there is nothing wrong with Arrow wings (and I don’t say that only because I own one).

It’s not so much that they can’t make smooth landings....these are pilots who have only flown Skyhawks and Warriors who now are trying to do power-off 180s to a 100’ long spot in a plane they have 10 hours in. When all you’ve flown are C172s, the Arrow is a big difference. I do 100% agree that there is nothing wrong with Arrow wings (and I don’t say that only because I own one).

I went from 172s to an Arrow and had no problem making power-off 180s without beating it up. There’s quite a difference in energy, but if the setup sucks, go around. It shouldn’t take more than three or four to get it down when to turn to not land short.

Of course, I suspect that these pilots slamming them in are kids with little life experience and don’t have much in the way of judgement or flexibility.

I did too (well, Warriors instead of Skyhawks)...but out of dozens of commercial pilot students each semester, 50% by definition are below average pilots. They are going to get beat up over the course of thousands of landings.

Some students, heck even CFIs just don’t care about rentals. I went for a joy ride with a CFI once in a 172M. It was -10 outside. The plane was in a heated hangar that kept temps at 40 degrees. We went to the run up area, oil was still cold, like not even in the green mark. He sat there, ran the engine at 2000 RPM with occasional vroom to heat up the oil before the take off roll.

Back