Cherokee 140 - Seat Swap?

Dan Gordon

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Dgplo
I'm looking at purchasing a Piper Cherokee 140 from 1977. The pilot seat is shot. I'm wondering if the seat tracks can accommodate seats from a Warrior ii or Warrior iii? The seats from these models are more comfortable and I'm sure I can find them in salvage.

Do you know the part numbers for the seats and seat tracks for the various models?

(I strongly suspect the seats would be physically interchangeable)

I'm looking at purchasing a Piper Cherokee 140 from 1977. The pilot seat is shot. I'm wondering if the seat tracks can accommodate seats from a Warrior ii or Warrior iii? The seats from these models are more comfortable and I'm sure I can find them in salvage.
Why not re upholstery it? That would be cheaper and better than a used seat I would think?

If your Cherokee seat is height-adjustable, consider re-upholstering it.

My 69 140b does not have height or back adjustments, so I’ve been looking for warrior or later Cherokee seats that have those. Seems they are silly expensive.

All the PA-28 series aircraft I've worked on have the same seat tracks, and the seats can be interchanged. See what the 140 IPC calls out for a seat, and compare the number to the one you want to put in. Or just swap it out without looking because it's your plane and this is America

All the PA-28 series aircraft I've worked on have the same seat tracks, and the seats can be interchanged. See what the 140 IPC calls out for a seat, and compare the number to the one you want to put in. Or just swap it out without looking because it's your plane and this is America
I believe these seats may have holes pre-drilled for headrests? IF this is the case, I would add headrest and just get seatcovers...

Back