Cherokee 140 - CHT/EGT Gauge?

You should really bounce your cost up to $1500 and get a 4 cylinder Engine Management System like the JPI EDM-730. Not that you are trying to run lean of peak or anything, but you really need to see the head temps of all four cylinders and the EGT's might let you know is something is going wrong before it becomes an emergency. A plus is the included digital voltmeter that is better than an analog voltmeter or amp meter you might have now for monitoring the health of your electrical system.

After installing mine, #3 cylinder was really hot. My single CHT probe was on #4. Baffling looked good on the ground, but it was leaking badly in flight.

My Comanche 180 gauges are unreliable too. My Oil temp doesn't deflect much until after takeoff, fuel gauges always show 1/2 full until less than half, etc.... So today I took the plunge after months of analysis paralysis.... and ordered my JPI EDM 900! Total unit cost, almost 4AMU's (Aviation Monetary Units, each AMU=$1,000USD. Should get installed during my annual in April...

You should really bounce your cost up to $1500 and get a 4 cylinder Engine Management System like the JPI EDM-730. Not that you are trying to run lean of peak or anything, but you really need to see the head temps of all four cylinders and the EGT's might let you know is something is going wrong before it becomes an emergency. A plus is the included digital voltmeter that is better than an analog voltmeter or amp meter you might have now for monitoring the health of your electrical system.

After installing mine, #3 cylinder was really hot. My single CHT probe was on #4. Baffling looked good on the ground, but it was leaking badly in flight.

Yea I can understand this...a JPI would be very nice. I don't trust these old needle gauges much.

...I don't trust these old needle gauges much.

Me either, that's why I just replaced two of them with one of these.

10-04432.jpg

Its all fun and games until you discover your fuel selector valve has more grooves in it than a Bee Gees album. :sigh:

Its all fun and games until you discover your fuel selector valve has more grooves in it than a Bee Gees album. :sigh:
Just how many grooves does an album have?

My Comanche 180 gauges are unreliable too. My Oil temp doesn't deflect much until after takeoff, fuel gauges always show 1/2 full until less than half, etc.... So today I took the plunge after months of analysis paralysis.... and ordered my JPI EDM 900! Total unit cost, almost 4AMU's (Aviation Monetary Units, each AMU=$1,000USD. Should get installed during my annual in April...

Does the 900 get fuel flow? (I don’t feel like looking it up ;) )

Do you have an estimate of installation cost?

Thx

Depends on how you look at it. Sides ways, more than you can count, from above, only one.
The correct answer is two. One continuous groove on each side.

Bee Gee albums are groovy... usually 8 - 10 songs per.

Back