Checkride This Week

DutchessFlier

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
DutchessFlier
UPDATED: Checkride This Week

UPDATE: Completed the Stage III oral (2 hours) and flight (2 hours) with the check pilot on Tuesday afternoon. Worked out pretty well and I am signed off for the FAA end of course checkride...but the WX is back to crappy again, Wednesday's flight looks like its gone to the WX...so just waiting it out to fly!! Take the advice from Cap'n Ron...I actually relaxed in the plane and it went a whole lot better than I thought it would!

Weather finally cooperated...so I was able to finish up prepping for my checkride this afternoon (Sunday 9-13-09). Was strange having my CFI tell me that we are finished flying together as student-instructor. We set up all of my information in the IACRA system today. Probably will split the process into 2 sessions: oral exam Tuesday afternoon and checkride Wednesday morning. All the documents related to 71D are in order and I dowloaded Cap'n Levy's checkride advice. Will try to relax during the checkride itself and will study, but not cram tomorrow for Tuesday.

Last edited:
You got this! Did you end up going with Mr. Lewis as the examiner?

Cap'n Levy's checkride advice?

I wish I had seen that before my checkride...I'm always amazed with what is on AOPA.

C.K.

At the top of the Pilot Training forum is a sticky that says Cap'n Levy's Checkride Advice. Thats it!!
Jason is doing both the oral and the checkride.

Last edited:
Good luck and ... HAVE FUN! I found mine to be very informative. The DE was a man with thousands of hours flying, including military. Quite a good experience.

I wish I had seen that before my checkride...I'm always amazed with what is on AOPA.

There... fixed that for ya! :thumbsup: -Skip
Actually, maybe Chuck should have called the board the Airplane Pilots Of America, APOA!:idea: (Except we like our whirlybird folk too. Thinking about it, I don't remember seeing any balloon or dirigible pilots on here!)

And Dutchess, have a great flight!:thumbsup:

Back