Checkride scheduled, 6 days to go...

TazzyTazzy

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Mitch
Been playing the calendar game with my checkride for 6-7ish weeks (school issues, not DPE. Got it sorta scheduled, I would cram the FAR/AIM and practice flights. Then it would slip. No books or flying for couple weeks. Then cram...rest..

Well, baring weather, plane issues, or sickness, my checkride is at 6am on the 22nd. Yikes. Super early, I'm a night owl. Until the 22nd, I'll be flying nearly everyday with and without CFI and rereading material. My CFI says I'm more than ready after so many cram sessions. Mock ground checkride tomorrow.

The most freakish thing, I'm planning to propose to the better half on our first flight together. At least I have the ring picked out and at my buddies house hiding. :)

Sounds like a lot of excitement in store for you over the next few weeks! Try to segment it as best you can (checkride first, THEN you can worry about the proposal).

Good luck and let us know how both situations go!

The most freakish thing, I'm planning to propose to the better half on our first flight together. At least I have the ring picked out and at my buddies house hiding. :)

She just found out. Lol. Congrats.

She just found out. Lol. Congrats.

I have better odds at the lottery then him coming onto these boards. Doubt he even knows about this place...am I cheating on him already?? Hahah

Please be careful. You will a new pilot on your first flight with a passenger, and you will have your hands full without that additional distraction. Your partner is likely to be very unfamiliar with everything around him, and that in itself is a big distraction.

If you must combine those two events, please do it on the ground. Perhaps at an interesting destination, if you wish.

Please be careful. ...please do it on the ground.

Thanks for good advise.

He's been with me on several flights with my CFI on board during my training. Did my cross-country night flight with him, a bay-tour, we rented a plane w/CFI out of San Juan PR for 1.5 hours and flew between two islands. So, he's familiar with the procedures, noises, etc. He's totally comfy and enjoys the flights so far. He's already picking destinations. :)

But yes, I'll be on the ground when I do the actual proposal.

Thanks for good advise.

He's been with me on several flights with my CFI on board during my training. Did my cross-country night flight with him, a bay-tour, we rented a plane w/CFI out of San Juan PR for 1.5 hours and flew between two islands. So, he's familiar with the procedures, noises, etc. He's totally comfy and enjoys the flights so far. He's already picking destinations. :)

But yes, I'll be on the ground when I do the actual proposal.

I am hoping you wait until after the flight....keep the flight short. Congrats again.

Back