Checkride - PASSED!

Yay for you! And the day you pass I sit here prepping for my first ever "lesson" after the checkride. I finally realized how much more I have to learn and how everything, while practiced in my training last year, fades to dust more quickly than I ever imagined.

What are your plans to fly / stay practicing? Who will you take to the skies besides your husband (unless he's never flown with you sitting left seat)?

Yay for you! And the day you pass I sit here prepping for my first ever "lesson" after the checkride. I finally realized how much more I have to learn and how everything, while practiced in my training last year, fades to dust more quickly than I ever imagined.

What are your plans to fly / stay practicing? Who will you take to the skies besides your husband (unless he's never flown with you sitting left seat)?
Unfortuately the plane goes in for it's annual on Monday so I have a little time to come to terms that I can fly legally. My husband never has been in the plane with me since I started learning 700+ days ago. So he and I will go after the plane gets back on the line. Dunno who else will go I've heard some rumblings from people "After you get your license I'll go after you get some time under your belt...." I think they're all being polite. The main point for me to get my license was so I could help fly home/to a destination that is farther then my husbands comfort level.(I want to see Mt Rushmore) and there have been numerous times he's cancelled a flight because of what at the time appeared to be a cloud in the sky (and he's IFR) so I hope to over rule and just go fly on my own, and my parents live near AGC and I have a boat load more vacation time then my husband so I can just "hop" over to see my parents and hop back on good VFR days.

Unfortuately the plane goes in for it's annual on Monday so I have a little time to come to terms that I can fly legally. My husband never has been in the plane with me since I started learning 700+ days ago. So he and I will go after the plane gets back on the line. Dunno who else will go I've heard some rumblings from people "After you get your license I'll go after you get some time under your belt...." I think they're all being polite. The main point for me to get my license was so I could help fly home/to a destination that is farther then my husbands comfort level.(I want to see Mt Rushmore) and there have been numerous times he's cancelled a flight because of what at the time appeared to be a cloud in the sky (and he's IFR) so I hope to over rule and just go fly on my own, and my parents live near AGC and I have a boat load more vacation time then my husband so I can just "hop" over to see my parents and hop back on good VFR days.
Sounds like great reasons to get your ticket. And I want to see Mt. Rushmore too.

Are you going to go for your instrument, you think?

I figure I may do some IFR reading like Rod Machados book over the winter but for now I'll enjoy VFR flying. It's only May I got a good 5 months of flying I can do. Flew alot in the winter the last two years as well.

My CFI bought a hot air balloon so he can get his "lighter then air" license and so I'll let him get that and then maybe bug him about showing me IFR. :)

Dunno who else will go I've heard some rumblings from people "After you get your license I'll go after you get some time under your belt...." I think they're all being polite.

Congratulations Sara! As for the above, yeah, it's true. If they say they want to go up, I give 'em two opportunities. If they flake/cancel/no show twice, they're off the list. Although it wasn't the case when I first got my ticket, now, only a few months later, I have all the passengers I want!

Thanks again for all the support PoA'ers. I hope to make a fly in next year. This year I just want to enjoy the license more locally. (Where I know the area)

Many congratulations, that is indeed gratifying news. Personally, before monkeying around with antiques, I think you should fly up to see some fellow POA members...

Such as who Steingar? You're south of TDZ aren't you...I haven't had any invitations.

I hope to stay current. Hope to at least go 2-3x a month just to keep it fresh. Since I have been going 2-3x a week!

I guess I missed this completely... congratulations Sara! You deserve it!

Thanks Onwards. I'm surprised you didn't hear me yelling from the rooftops. :)

well if we're doing old jokes
You know what you call a student who takes their checkride 3 times? A pilot. :)

My daughter took her 1st degree black belt test 3 times.

She could probably easily beat the snot out of yours truly. Then again, that isn't all that special. I think most people could easily beat the snot out of yours truly.

She could probably easily beat the snot out of yours truly. Then again, that isn't all that special. I think most people could easily beat the snot out of yours truly.

What you need to hope for is that most people won't want to beat the snot out of you!! :wink2:

Back