• Other

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

saracelica

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
saracelica
So the list for applicant says "Letter of failure" (or whatever that's called)

Short story - took a checkride in July last year failed it. Took the retest 59 days later and failed it again. Both rightly so. Anywho got signed off for the test again and the DPE wants that letter of failure from 6 months ago. Okay I don't have it. It went in the shredder almost as soon as I got home. DPE claims he needs it. Call the FAA to get a copy of it. No can do. Need to get your whole airman file. That takes 6-8 weeks. So who here thinks I need the letter of failure to do a new checkride?

It's called a Notice of Disapproval, and if you previously failed a practical test for that certificate or rating, the DPE is supposed to attach a copy of it to the paperwork. However, if you don't have it any more, a statement to that effect may be substituted. Reference FAA Order 8900.2, section 7, paragraph 24(d)(1).

Ron - I sent you a PM. Are you sure that is correct?? Can you link me to a pge where I'd find it.

Ben - I got that part. What page do you believe enforces Cap'n Ron point? Section 7 is "Sport Pilot" I'm going for a PPL.

okay obviously I'm missing something! I swear I'm not this dumb.

Can I get a page number? I was looking on page 7-31 (Prerequisites for Practical Tests)
no where in there does it say anything about documenting notice of disapproval.

I believe IACRA or 8710 requests Notice of Disapproval if you failed before. Either way, my DPE printed mine and told me to bring it next time. I am sure he remembers what I need to retake, but I believe it's a required document.

I believe IACRA or 8710 requests Notice of Disapproval if you failed before. Either way, my DPE printed mine and told me to bring it next time. I am sure he remembers what I need to retake, but I believe it's a required document.
Read the paragraph I cited above. A signed statement that it's gone is sufficient.

okay obviously I'm missing something! I swear I'm not this dumb.

Can I get a page number? I was looking on page 7-31 (Prerequisites for Practical Tests)
no where in there does it say anything about documenting notice of disapproval.
Next page. Bottom. Next to last sentence.

Back