Checkride Cost?

$400 for the checkride

$500 if you want to pass

$400 for the checkride

$500 if you want to pass

Trying to slip an extra Benjamin will almost certainly result in its refusal, along with an oral and check ride that is 100% by the book! with no stone left unturned. It should go without saying that it's a really bad idea to try to bribe an examiner.

Snaggletooth, I know a good DPE in El Paso who I believe charges $150.00 for a PP ride. You could always fly crosscountry up here and do your ride w/ him. If your CFI will sign you off to fly that X/C.

Well....there are only two DPE's here in El Paso and they both charge $350 for checkrides. Not quite sure of who you might be thinking of Jeanie.

:dunno:

Mike

Hi there,
I am looking for an affordable examiner for my ppl checkride in San Diego.
Any recommendation would be appreciated.

The record seems to disagree with you in cases where they find out about it. The problem is some people are reluctant to file complaints with the FSDO about such things.

Yes, because then they and their buddies start harassing pilots while their superiors / check-n-balance people
"do not care"
.:mad:

To keep this on-topic: $500+ for the junky DPE. $350 and 1 hr flight to the good DPE. The cheaper DPE is actually a tougher examiner (but friendlier passenger), and will grill you thoroughly on practical ADM and "real-world" considerations before taking you on a longer, more involved flight. that focuses on your weak spots. And you will have post-test homework on any items you missed.

My CFI finally found an examiner for my Sport Pilot Checkride. A case of supply and demand: $600, no charge for retest. Location is North Texas.

Going rate around the PHX area seems to be $550.

They can't refuse if you request it. Some offices will claim due to lack of Inspectors they can't, but with a call to a congressman ( in FAA lingo it's called a "congressional") they will work you in.

And I'm sure the examiner will be just thrilled.

Not only that, their insistence on cash only really makes the DPE system look awfully suspicious.

Why? Who wants to chase bounced checks or set up a merchant account for credit cards?

Nope,

Funny the DPE had this long talk about how he books a whole day for each ride, incase the student doesn't pass that way the CFI can address area and the student can retest same day, DPE also mentioned his retest fee about 3 times.

Sure enough the ride took all day and the DPE got that retest fee, student made a few mistakes but nothing cut and dry per PTS. Never used that DPE again.

Sounds like a racket.

I think my Private was $250. The most expensive ride I had to pay for was $650 for the initial CFI with a DPE.

Trying to slip an extra Benjamin will almost certainly result in its refusal, along with an oral and check ride that is 100% by the book! with no stone left unturned. It should go without saying that it's a really bad idea to try to bribe an examiner.
Trying to slip an extra Benjie, should result in a discontinuation and the examiner reporting the attempt to cheat the ride to the FAA.

I think I paid $450 for my DC Area instrument ride a few years back.

Trying to slip an extra Benjie, should result in a discontinuation and the examiner reporting the attempt to cheat the ride to the FAA.

I think I paid $450 for my DC Area instrument ride a few years back.
Yeah- TWO Benjies is the going rate. I'm kidding!

$450.00 around here and i tried calling the fsdo they said no way! call a dpe so im not going to start fighting them on that as you know what they will do.. come down fail you and leave, if you can even get them to come.

Back