Checking in...

terzap

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
terzap
Hi everyone... I've been off the radar for a while, won't get into the boring details. I've missed you all and it feels strange and good to come back and see all the old familiar names along with a slew of new ones.

Have to stop being such a stranger, even though circumstances are keeping me away from things with wings, well, other than my parrots and a few stray flies in my apartment. :)

Anyway, just saying Howdy!

And from the other coast, welcome back. For years I've wanted to have an African Grey.
Many years ago I had a Greater Indian Hill Mynah bird; he talked a blue streak. On more than a few occasions we were awakened by the ringing of the telephone. Nobody "there."
The damn fool bird mimicked a perfect ringing of the telephone. But he was messy. Are parrots less messy that the mynah breed which likes oranges, apples, and other wet fruit which can be head-shaken and spread further than the confines of its enclosure?

HR

Welcome back, Theresa! (You know that we're going to hassle you until you get back in the air yourself, don't you? :))

Welcome back. Don't let the birds poop on your keyboard.:crazy:

Thanks for the welcome backs. Feel free to harass all you want. I'm stuck in an unemployment situation and car-less right now because of it though, so flying is not on the menu any time soon. :) Coming back to a bunch of like-minded folk helps, though.

HR: All parrots make a mess and can be destructive. Food flinging comes without saying: in the wild flinging nuts, fruits, and seeds is a way to ensure a continued food supply. I suspect companion parrots also enjoy the reactions from humans when bird glop (what I call baby bird formula), squishy fruit, birdie bread, and wet foods (pasta and beans) start hitting faces and walls like spitballs. My birds will walk on top of table or countertops deliberately throwing/pushing/dragging anything on them to the floor, getting a charge out of watching them fall as much as me making a fuss over cleaning it up.

The big birds also like to chew, they have to. If they run out of 2 x 4s, they start on the furniture. (Mine like to shred my mail and books.) But I wouldn't trade my Apple... not even for a job.

Well, back to the want ads for now... I'll try not to be such a stranger. :)

I have two Jenday Conures. Both of them I rescued them from abusive homes. My baby, Pepper, had really bad MBD in one Leg from the former owners putting her in a garage, covered with no human interaction and very little food and water. My Second one, Sully (after Capt. Sullenberger of Flight 1549), was very badly abused and his bald other than his head, Tail, and Wings. He plucked him self so badly he damaged his feather follicles and can't grow his feathers back.

Pepper.
100_2928.jpg

Sully.
100_3395.jpg

I'm glad they found you and have a great forever home. I love Jendays and Nandays and Suns. My Apple had a Sun conure girlfriend at the place I boarded him a few times when I had to be away overnight or a few days.

Welcome back! I can't believe it has been almost a year since we last heard from you. Unemployment stinks, far too many of friends have been looking for work in their field for far too long. But feel free to commiserate with us folks here on PoA.

Back