Check your NOTAMS boys and girls...

I don't understand how any pilot can penetrate a Presidential TFR. There are enough easy, quick ways to find out if there is one in place that it's just boneheaded to fly through one. True, they are security theater and don't really accomplish anything positive, but still, they have been there for many years by this time.

I don't understand why we need Presidential or even VIP TFRs.

I don't understand how any pilot can penetrate a Presidential TFR. There are enough easy, quick ways to find out if there is one in place that it's just boneheaded to fly through one. True, they are security theater and don't really accomplish anything positive, but still, they have been there for many years by this time.

Well some are moving TFRs, others can pop up without notice, some are large and easily found.

I'd say a mixture of bad "leaders" and nut jobs

Personally I agree, if I had my way they would travel by the public transit systems, some amount of security, all else fails and they get shot, just elect another one.

For the most part nowadays, they are all interchangeable when it comes to what they end up doing once they get in office.

Those little red circles on the display ...

... don't fly into them ...

;)

Neither does anyone else. Don't worry. You're in good company there. They're the most useless and easiest people to replace in the world. People lined up for their jobs. No qualifications other than ability to fundraise and lie more than Brian Williams, required.

But that's SZ material I guess.

If someone did something to one of the "VIP"/weenies I'd feel worse for their bodyguards if they also got hurt than I would for the politicians. Yawn.

He shut down GA flying over and around the entire island of Oahu around Christmas for about 3 weeks. I, along with every pilot I knew hated it, especially the ones that were working on practice for upcoming check rides.
If someone wanted to nose dive a cessna into AF1 on the tarmac at Hickam a TFR wouldn't stop that.
Interestingly, I did get a call from my school asking for my social days before he arrived. Turns out TSA was running checks on all students and instructors at every school on the island.

Last edited:
Back