Check your credit card

Did "EST Company" charge you recently?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Don't have online banking/credit card access?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pi1otguy

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Fox McCloud
Just checked my bank account and found an unarthorized $0.10 charge from "EST Company" (800-596-7814 FL). Just called the number on the back of my card to get it canceled but my bank's system goes down at 9:45 PM to 1 AM so the customer service lady can not do anything but answer the phone and say she can't do anything.

Can you guys check and see if you have a small charge ($0.05 - $0.25?) from "EST COMPANY 800-596-7814 FL"?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.callercomplaints.com/SearchResult.aspx?Phone=800-596-7814

Apparently, you're not alone. Judging by what I see on this site, it might be wise to cancel your current account number and ask for a re-issue.

Then, make a complaint for fraud. While a dime isn't much of a loss, if they are doing this thousands and thousands of times, it sure adds up. So does the number of criminal counts if they are caught.

Just checked my cards, no charge. That's a pretty good scam - most people won't notice (or care) about 10 cents.

There's also one that sticks charges of $7.99 or $9.99 on the bill figuring you won't notice. I've caught a couple of those.

Wish the feds would round them up for fraud.

The teefts will make a charity contribution of $5 on your card to see if the number is good before they have at it.

Just checked my cards, no charge. That's a pretty good scam - most people won't notice (or care) about 10 cents.
In theory, didn't that 10 cents cost them > 20 cents? (30 cents + 2% process fee?)

You know, these guys just can't be very bright.

$0.10??? WTF? That stands out like a sore thumb.

Now, make it $1.00 or $2.00 and figure out a way to hit on debit cards and I'd bet over 50% would slide through unnoticed. I.E. make it look like a ATM charge.

Back