Check status of medical

TRC1969

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
TRC
Is there an online portal to check the status of my application or does it require a phone call?

You can see if it is issued or not by looking up your record in the unlawful airman certificate database. If you want details on an unissued one, it will take a call.

That’s what I figured since there was no mention of a status website anywhere. Thanks.

Thanks. I am most definitely interested. What a process to go through. If you don’t suffer from anxiety you may very well have it after the medical application process!

I just competed my exam on the 11th. AME says 4 to 6 weeks for the letter asking for additional info. Such a cumbersome process. In today’s age of instant information one would think it would go a little faster. Is the 16 weeks after receiving the letter asking for more information or are you still waiting on that letter to arrive.

16 weeks is after the additional information was requested.

After 45 minutes of waiting on hold to check the status this morning, I was told that their system crashed and there was nothing they could do. This is our FAA, folks. I didn't know I could feel this level of frustration.

Yea my AME told me it’s a crap shoot as far as trying to determine a timeline. It just seems like someone somewhere would realize this is an awful process. I wonder how many of the FAA reviewers are pilots.(if any).

Is there any value in calling before the letter for additional information arrives or should I wait until I send the requested records?

File sent to faa Oct 1. Additional information requested 2 weeks later. Additional information submitted on Oct 20th. Have called every week. No information other than it is in review. Not sure if the calls are going to make a difference. They are extremely behind unfortunately.

I would hate to have my career on the line and have to go through this process. It’s no big surprise some people choose to not report everything.

Last edited:
The calls do make a difference, it's just hard to see when they are 4,200 cases behind.

Last edited:
Well as of last Thursday they are 4201 behind. I will just have to wait my turn.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back