Check out this weird seaplane

If you go through the list of "Caproni" designs, it is fascinating. I wish we still had those types of mad inventors around these days. When we look back on it now we laugh and scoff at them but they had very little understanding or care about the hows and whys, they just knew that is one was good then fourteen must be better!
These guys are around. They are building multicopters these days.

Check out the floats on this one.

d7a52dd1c9d2a1e94b09b8c1d25e8cc4.jpg

Someone get that woman a sandwich stat!

For clarification... while I did use woman and sandwich in the same sentence, it was not the misogynistic typical "woman get me a sandwich" way. This was more reverse body shaming which while also not okay, tends to slip by because it is poking fun at someone for being too far up against the typical misogynistic view of what a woman "should" be as dictated by society. That doesn't make it okay and I am sorry. Hashtag.

For clarification... while I did use woman and sandwich in the same sentence, it was not the misogynistic typical "woman get me a sandwich" way. This was more reverse body shaming which while also not okay, tends to slip by because it is poking fun at someone for being too far up against the typical misogynistic view of what a woman "should" be as dictated by society. That doesn't make it okay and I am sorry. Hashtag.

Dude, I was just talking about the floats.

Nice mansplaining.

Flying boats are my favorite! The Beriev is a neat machine. Lots of titanium in it. I'd love to fly one. Ask me (almost) anything about the Seawind - I have a flying boatload of time in it.

Back