Check it out..Aviation Safety mini pad

bahama flier

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
bahama flier
I am not selling anything, I have friends that have the new ForeFlight, and I have compared a less expensive Mini Pad "Flight Cheetah" sold by Aviationsafety.com .

The programs are better sold by Aviation Safety, and do not have the problems of the Foreflight.

I have the first of the Flight Cheetahs I purchased 8 years ago and use it next to a AVMAP 4. I always fly with both units but the display on the Flight Cheetah 210 is so good I just use the AvMap just for position reference, and keep it because the AvMap seems bullet proof if I should need a back up.

New products are everywhere out there, but if you are considering a new portable, don't pass up a look at the Flight Cheetah. The WX display and information display in the Cheetah are just great also.

$695 for the device plus $298 a year for database updates is not in any way "less expensive" than an iPad mini with Foreflight....

I've been using Flight Cheetah products since 2009. I pretty much won't use anything else. Mine is in my panel so I don't have to look down on my lap.

Last edited:
I thought this was going to be about something my wife needs once a month or so.

If you don't buy their mini ipad, it is $295 a year, but with their mini pad subscriptions its $195 a year.

Its better to buy theirs because you get the subscription included with the purchase and you get the GPS antenna included, not so with the Forflight but theirs does include the built in antenna.

I don't get an update every year, I usually only fly from Florida to the Bahamas, and the data hardly ever changes. I usually only update every five years. Get what you pay for....

Back